News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
US Moms say smartphones as important as wallets
Moms in the 21st century aren't just buying groceries. They're checking prices, looking for coupons and staying in touch with family. In fact, according to new data out from Kensington, mobile moms say their smartphones are nearly as important as their wallets (70% vs. 73%).
It's interesting to note that the wallet and phone both ranked higher than their car on the Mom Importance Meter. Other interesting findings in the report include:
• Mom's lose their phones - most often in the car, in a child's bedroom or at a store
• 88% of mobile moms have a smartphone
• 90% of moms say the best contact is talking in person. 37% say texting and 35% say phone calls
• 1 in 8 moms say they lose their phones 'very often' or 'often'
Moms also reported that Facebook was the best way to stay in touch with their children (17%) while 13% said email and 8% said video call/chats.
"It's interesting to see our research show how connected mobile moms are to technology. These women have enough on their to-do list every day without worrying about losing their phone," said Anne Costello, Senior Marketing Manager at Kensington. "That's why Proximo can be such a valuable mobile add-on for them. It ensures busy moms have one less thing to worry about because they'll always be able to find their phones and other items easily."
Meanwhile nearly half (46%) of mobile moms say their laptop is the tech product that best simplifies their life; 40% said an iPhone was their gadget of choice for simplifying life. The iPhone outranked the Samsung Galaxy, which came in at 18%.
Image via Shutterstock
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...