News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
US Moms say smartphones as important as wallets
Moms in the 21st century aren't just buying groceries. They're checking prices, looking for coupons and staying in touch with family. In fact, according to new data out from Kensington, mobile moms say their smartphones are nearly as important as their wallets (70% vs. 73%).
It's interesting to note that the wallet and phone both ranked higher than their car on the Mom Importance Meter. Other interesting findings in the report include:
• Mom's lose their phones - most often in the car, in a child's bedroom or at a store
• 88% of mobile moms have a smartphone
• 90% of moms say the best contact is talking in person. 37% say texting and 35% say phone calls
• 1 in 8 moms say they lose their phones 'very often' or 'often'
Moms also reported that Facebook was the best way to stay in touch with their children (17%) while 13% said email and 8% said video call/chats.
"It's interesting to see our research show how connected mobile moms are to technology. These women have enough on their to-do list every day without worrying about losing their phone," said Anne Costello, Senior Marketing Manager at Kensington. "That's why Proximo can be such a valuable mobile add-on for them. It ensures busy moms have one less thing to worry about because they'll always be able to find their phones and other items easily."
Meanwhile nearly half (46%) of mobile moms say their laptop is the tech product that best simplifies their life; 40% said an iPhone was their gadget of choice for simplifying life. The iPhone outranked the Samsung Galaxy, which came in at 18%.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
- Study: Shoppers more likely to webroom
- Expert: Native ads are under fire
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...