News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Two-thirds of marketers to increase digital investment in 2014
Email and social media marketing are just two of the functions marketers around the globe plan to invest more in during 2014, according to new research from digital marketing firm ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
The survey of more than 2,500 marketers around the globe for ExactTarget's '2014 State of Marketing Survey' found that many marketers plan to increase their investment in digital marketing this year.
In particular, investment will rise in data and analytics (61%), marketing automation (60%), email marketing (58%), social media marketing (57%) and content management (57%).
"We are in the third wave of the internet revolution where everything and everyone is connected; this is the Internet of Customers," said Scott Dorsey, chief executive officer, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. "As the number of connected devices and mobile phones continue to skyrocket, marketers are investing aggressively in digital to connect with their customers in entirely new ways across every channel and every device."
Increasing conversion rates (47%), increasing and improving brand awareness (46%) and collecting, measuring and using behavior-based data (29%) were all top priorities for the coming year, found the survey.
In terms of producing a return on investment, email was believed to be the best channel (88%) followed by social (86%) and mobile (80%).
Other findings from the survey include:
- 68% believe email marketing is core to their business;
- 57% now have a team dedicated to social media marketing;
- 41% are now using holiday or event-based mobile marketing campaigns.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...