News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Travel technology firms to invest more in mobile
2014 will see travel firms upping their spend on technology, according to a new survey conducted among attendees of the upcoming Travel Technology Europe trade show, with mobile taking the biggest chunk.
A whopping 83% of Travel Technology Europe's survey respondents said they expect their customers to spend more on new technology this year and almost three-quarters (72%) of that spend will be on mobile technology. Just 17% of firms said they would be spending less on technology this in 2014.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Survey respondents also picked mobile apps as the biggest trend for travel technology firms this year (42%), more so than personalization engines, cloud computing or targeted and behavioral marketing.
Second to mobile, analytics and business intelligence was another area in which technology spend is set to rise, cited by 48% of respondents, followed by social (44%), customer relationship management (43%) and front end websites (38%).
The 2014 Travel Technology Europe trade show takes place on 4 and 5 February, 2014, at Earls Court 2 in London.
Image via Shutterstock
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
- Millennials most influenced by family online
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...