News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Travel technology firms to invest more in mobile
2014 will see travel firms upping their spend on technology, according to a new survey conducted among attendees of the upcoming Travel Technology Europe trade show, with mobile taking the biggest chunk.
A whopping 83% of Travel Technology Europe's survey respondents said they expect their customers to spend more on new technology this year and almost three-quarters (72%) of that spend will be on mobile technology. Just 17% of firms said they would be spending less on technology this in 2014.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Survey respondents also picked mobile apps as the biggest trend for travel technology firms this year (42%), more so than personalization engines, cloud computing or targeted and behavioral marketing.
Second to mobile, analytics and business intelligence was another area in which technology spend is set to rise, cited by 48% of respondents, followed by social (44%), customer relationship management (43%) and front end websites (38%).
The 2014 Travel Technology Europe trade show takes place on 4 and 5 February, 2014, at Earls Court 2 in London.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
- Study: Service virtualization can reduce risk
- Survey: Solo-preneurs on the rise
- Ad Roundup: Data, funding and a new video unit
- Retailers: Customer experience also about employees
- 3 Questions with Returnly
- Research reveals significant increase in online shopping
- Telehealth: Convenience driving interest in visiting a doctor via video
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....