News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Travel technology firms to invest more in mobile
2014 will see travel firms upping their spend on technology, according to a new survey conducted among attendees of the upcoming Travel Technology Europe trade show, with mobile taking the biggest chunk.
A whopping 83% of Travel Technology Europe's survey respondents said they expect their customers to spend more on new technology this year and almost three-quarters (72%) of that spend will be on mobile technology. Just 17% of firms said they would be spending less on technology this in 2014.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Survey respondents also picked mobile apps as the biggest trend for travel technology firms this year (42%), more so than personalization engines, cloud computing or targeted and behavioral marketing.
Second to mobile, analytics and business intelligence was another area in which technology spend is set to rise, cited by 48% of respondents, followed by social (44%), customer relationship management (43%) and front end websites (38%).
The 2014 Travel Technology Europe trade show takes place on 4 and 5 February, 2014, at Earls Court 2 in London.
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...