News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Toyota unveils mobile ads that really speak to their audience
When developing ads, whether in traditional media, digital or mobile, you really want them to speak to your target audience. New mobile ads for the Toyota Corolla really do speak to you, with voice-activated technology.
Ads that mimic the experience of Toyota's in-car multi-media and telematics system, Entune Audio, have been developed for mobile using speech recognition software from Nuance Communications.
The ads allow consumers to have a two-way conversation with the ad, just as if they were using Entune Audio in Toyota's new Corolla model, by employing Millennial Media's 'Voice Show & Tell' ad unit.
"Millennial Media's new voice ads deliver on three crucial areas of importance for advertisers: driving engagement and user interaction, delivering relevant content, and creating a campaign uniquely suited for mobile," says Mollie Spilman, Millennial Media's executive vice president of global sales and marketing.
"Toyota's innovative campaign represents a landmark occasion both in mobile advertising and automotive marketing."
The 'Voice Show & Tell' ad unit is a responsive mobile ad format, available for both iOS and Android, which uses speech-to-text functionality to power an engaging two-way conversation between an ad and the consumer.
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...