News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 video trends to watch
Video continues to be a hot property in the online space, both because of the number of people watching and because of the number of people who then go on to share those clips. But video has never been a simple beast to corral because what works for Product A doesn't for Campaign B or Brand C. One expert weighs in on three trends she believes will help brands excel at video in 2014.
First, more brands will become niche newsrooms. As consumers demand more and more content, they are looking outside typical channels like YouTube. This trend, says one expert, will push many brands into experimenting with new tools which will allow them to serve as well as create relevant, brand-centered content.
"The next generation of advertising will see brands making use of more complex and more varied data sets to improve targeting and timing e.g. only advertising woolly hats in cities where temperatures have fallen overnight or advertising umbrellas in areas where it's forecast to rain," said Sarah Wood, COO, Unruly.
Second, mobile will become the first screen, taking over from television. Wood notes that, just based on campaigns on the Unruly network, the click-thru rates for smartphones and tablets tripled in 2013; that trend, she believes will continue through 2014.
Finally, look for social channels to amplify TV ad spent and budgets.
"Social video advertising - which sits at the intersection of social, mobile and video, the three hottest trends in digital marketing - has long been overshadowed by TV. But in 2014, we are going to see social video demanding a far larger share of the marketing pie. This will be fed by the launch of Facebook's new video ad platform, while Twitter will also play a big part in 2014," said Wood.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...