News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs look to social, mobile for 2014 success
You could say small businesses are putting their money where their mobile is - or at least their app. According to a new j2 Global survey, a majority of small and medium sized businesses will look to apps for marketing success in 2014.
Social and mobile are about to get hotter, at least where small businesses are concerned. That according to a recent survey by j2 Global, the parent company of Campaigner, eFax and eVoice. Their survey found that nearly half (44%) of SMBs plan to focus their marketing efforts on email; but, those emails will include social sharing features and options, which SMBs hope will help them in the social space. Nearly 15% say they'll push more ad dollars into the mobile space.
"The unrelenting trend toward the digital office continues for SMBs across every industry," says Mike Pugh , vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "With the cost-savings and increased productivity entrepreneurs gain as they move more of their business functions to the cloud, we're not surprised this 2014 survey finds SMBs planning to further leverage social media, virtual phone services, email marketing, and online faxing. The overall message from the survey is that the cloud just makes smart business sense for the SMB."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 88% of SMBs surveyed say they'll use more cloud technology including online fax services and virtual phone systems
• 70% say they've used or plan to use Facebook mobile apps for marketing, Twitter and YouTube are likely candidates for increased social spending by SMBs
• 36% say they'll offer flexible work policies for employees, 27% will implement casual dress days
• 31% say the Affordable Care Act will impact their 2014 business plans the most
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...