News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs look to social, mobile for 2014 success
You could say small businesses are putting their money where their mobile is - or at least their app. According to a new j2 Global survey, a majority of small and medium sized businesses will look to apps for marketing success in 2014.
Social and mobile are about to get hotter, at least where small businesses are concerned. That according to a recent survey by j2 Global, the parent company of Campaigner, eFax and eVoice. Their survey found that nearly half (44%) of SMBs plan to focus their marketing efforts on email; but, those emails will include social sharing features and options, which SMBs hope will help them in the social space. Nearly 15% say they'll push more ad dollars into the mobile space.
"The unrelenting trend toward the digital office continues for SMBs across every industry," says Mike Pugh , vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "With the cost-savings and increased productivity entrepreneurs gain as they move more of their business functions to the cloud, we're not surprised this 2014 survey finds SMBs planning to further leverage social media, virtual phone services, email marketing, and online faxing. The overall message from the survey is that the cloud just makes smart business sense for the SMB."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 88% of SMBs surveyed say they'll use more cloud technology including online fax services and virtual phone systems
• 70% say they've used or plan to use Facebook mobile apps for marketing, Twitter and YouTube are likely candidates for increased social spending by SMBs
• 36% say they'll offer flexible work policies for employees, 27% will implement casual dress days
• 31% say the Affordable Care Act will impact their 2014 business plans the most
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....