News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs look to social, mobile for 2014 success
You could say small businesses are putting their money where their mobile is - or at least their app. According to a new j2 Global survey, a majority of small and medium sized businesses will look to apps for marketing success in 2014.
Social and mobile are about to get hotter, at least where small businesses are concerned. That according to a recent survey by j2 Global, the parent company of Campaigner, eFax and eVoice. Their survey found that nearly half (44%) of SMBs plan to focus their marketing efforts on email; but, those emails will include social sharing features and options, which SMBs hope will help them in the social space. Nearly 15% say they'll push more ad dollars into the mobile space.
"The unrelenting trend toward the digital office continues for SMBs across every industry," says Mike Pugh , vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "With the cost-savings and increased productivity entrepreneurs gain as they move more of their business functions to the cloud, we're not surprised this 2014 survey finds SMBs planning to further leverage social media, virtual phone services, email marketing, and online faxing. The overall message from the survey is that the cloud just makes smart business sense for the SMB."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 88% of SMBs surveyed say they'll use more cloud technology including online fax services and virtual phone systems
• 70% say they've used or plan to use Facebook mobile apps for marketing, Twitter and YouTube are likely candidates for increased social spending by SMBs
• 36% say they'll offer flexible work policies for employees, 27% will implement casual dress days
• 31% say the Affordable Care Act will impact their 2014 business plans the most
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...