News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals the app activities of Super Bowl viewers
A Super Bowl second screen survey reveals that those watching the game will also be watching their mobile devices as they use social media, games and weather apps.
A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for cloud and mobile testing firm SOASTA found that 41% of smartphone and tablet owners will be multi-screening during the Super Bowl this Sunday. That figures rises to 56% among women between the ages of 18 to 34.
So, what will they be using apps for? Over a quarter, the highest percentage, will be using their mobile devices to access social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter, no doubt to expand conversations about the game from the sofa to their entire universe of friends.
Another 18% will use their devices to play games, and 16% will be checking the weather. Despite watching a sporting event, just 15% will use a sport-related app while 13% will keep abreast of the news and 12% will be watching videos.
Keeping hungry fans fed isn't high on the list with just 6% using food delivery apps and, for 4% who may be feeling a little lonely, dating is the app of choice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...