News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals the app activities of Super Bowl viewers
A Super Bowl second screen survey reveals that those watching the game will also be watching their mobile devices as they use social media, games and weather apps.
A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for cloud and mobile testing firm SOASTA found that 41% of smartphone and tablet owners will be multi-screening during the Super Bowl this Sunday. That figures rises to 56% among women between the ages of 18 to 34.
So, what will they be using apps for? Over a quarter, the highest percentage, will be using their mobile devices to access social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter, no doubt to expand conversations about the game from the sofa to their entire universe of friends.
Another 18% will use their devices to play games, and 16% will be checking the weather. Despite watching a sporting event, just 15% will use a sport-related app while 13% will keep abreast of the news and 12% will be watching videos.
Keeping hungry fans fed isn't high on the list with just 6% using food delivery apps and, for 4% who may be feeling a little lonely, dating is the app of choice.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...