News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals the app activities of Super Bowl viewers
A Super Bowl second screen survey reveals that those watching the game will also be watching their mobile devices as they use social media, games and weather apps.
A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for cloud and mobile testing firm SOASTA found that 41% of smartphone and tablet owners will be multi-screening during the Super Bowl this Sunday. That figures rises to 56% among women between the ages of 18 to 34.
So, what will they be using apps for? Over a quarter, the highest percentage, will be using their mobile devices to access social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter, no doubt to expand conversations about the game from the sofa to their entire universe of friends.
Another 18% will use their devices to play games, and 16% will be checking the weather. Despite watching a sporting event, just 15% will use a sport-related app while 13% will keep abreast of the news and 12% will be watching videos.
Keeping hungry fans fed isn't high on the list with just 6% using food delivery apps and, for 4% who may be feeling a little lonely, dating is the app of choice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...