News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals the app activities of Super Bowl viewers
A Super Bowl second screen survey reveals that those watching the game will also be watching their mobile devices as they use social media, games and weather apps.
A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for cloud and mobile testing firm SOASTA found that 41% of smartphone and tablet owners will be multi-screening during the Super Bowl this Sunday. That figures rises to 56% among women between the ages of 18 to 34.
So, what will they be using apps for? Over a quarter, the highest percentage, will be using their mobile devices to access social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter, no doubt to expand conversations about the game from the sofa to their entire universe of friends.
Another 18% will use their devices to play games, and 16% will be checking the weather. Despite watching a sporting event, just 15% will use a sport-related app while 13% will keep abreast of the news and 12% will be watching videos.
Keeping hungry fans fed isn't high on the list with just 6% using food delivery apps and, for 4% who may be feeling a little lonely, dating is the app of choice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...