News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals the app activities of Super Bowl viewers
A Super Bowl second screen survey reveals that those watching the game will also be watching their mobile devices as they use social media, games and weather apps.
A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for cloud and mobile testing firm SOASTA found that 41% of smartphone and tablet owners will be multi-screening during the Super Bowl this Sunday. That figures rises to 56% among women between the ages of 18 to 34.
So, what will they be using apps for? Over a quarter, the highest percentage, will be using their mobile devices to access social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter, no doubt to expand conversations about the game from the sofa to their entire universe of friends.
Another 18% will use their devices to play games, and 16% will be checking the weather. Despite watching a sporting event, just 15% will use a sport-related app while 13% will keep abreast of the news and 12% will be watching videos.
Keeping hungry fans fed isn't high on the list with just 6% using food delivery apps and, for 4% who may be feeling a little lonely, dating is the app of choice.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get more from employees
- Experts weigh in on what to expect in the online ad space in 2015
- Constant Contact: SMBs to go real time, win local in 2015
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...