News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Second-screeners watch on multiple devices at once
Ever wonder how engaged mobile video viewers are when they are watching? We may not be able to answer that question precisely - yet - but new data out from the CEA and NATPE indicates that while mobile viewers are watching via mobile, most (79%) are also watching television programming. What are they watching on these devices?
According to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) nearly all of second-screeners are accessing 'asynchronous' content before or after programming or between shows. This means brands have a good opportunity to use mobile video to keep viewers interested and engaged with their shows after an airing. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 42% of second screeners have tried to synch mobile content experience to live TV
• 13% say this synched content makes the overall experience 'much more enjoyable'
• Most say synched content is only 'somewhat more enjoyable'
• 6 in 10 say synched content is 'fun to use' or 'makes them feel more connected'
"This important research study underscores the exciting opportunities for consumer technology device manufacturers to market connected devices and potentially collaborate with content producers to enhance and improve the Second Screen experience," said CEA President and CEO Gary Shapiro. "Our joint study shows that consumers accessing synchronized content generally find it fun to use and more connected to the shows they are watching. At the same time, the study indicates there is an opportunity to expand consumer engagement with the Second Screen across a broader variety of programming."
What can content developers do to increase viewer interaction? The CEA suggests:
• Optimizing social opportunities through contests and activities
• Target parents with family-oriented content
• Optimize all content for smartphones and make synched content app-available
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...