News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals the unlikely likeability of full-screen takeover ad format
Native advertising, a format that blends in with content online, is the new darling of online marketers. But new research from Undertone shows that consumers actually like interruptive ads that take over their screens and shout in their face.
The results appear to go against the grain, yet the survey of 3,000 consumers conducted on Undertone's behalf by Ipsos ASI reveals that interruptive ad experiences - high impact ads - are liked by consumers.
In particular, despite their intrusive nature, full screen takeover ad formats were found to be 30 - 49% more likeable than standard display. This, says Undertone in their report, "is due to their interactivity and ability to hold consumers' attention".
The top three reasons consumers gave for full screen takeover ads being so likeable were "Is an ad people will talk about", "Is entertaining", and "Is unique". Most notably for brands, respondents were 78% more likely to agree that full screen takeover ads made them want to learn more about a product or company.
Undertone co-founder, Eric Franchi, wasn't surprised by the findings saying that full screen takeover ads were a format that enabled a key consideration in advertising, great creative, to shine through.
For those who might be a little skeptical that a company touting interruptive advertising would arrive at results that promote interruptive advertising, Jonathan Kadoch, Sales Director at Undertone states that "The study has already been vetted by top agency insight and analytic teams who were previously skeptical about the results".
You can download the full study findings from the Undertone website.
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...