News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals the unlikely likeability of full-screen takeover ad format
Native advertising, a format that blends in with content online, is the new darling of online marketers. But new research from Undertone shows that consumers actually like interruptive ads that take over their screens and shout in their face.
The results appear to go against the grain, yet the survey of 3,000 consumers conducted on Undertone's behalf by Ipsos ASI reveals that interruptive ad experiences - high impact ads - are liked by consumers.
In particular, despite their intrusive nature, full screen takeover ad formats were found to be 30 - 49% more likeable than standard display. This, says Undertone in their report, "is due to their interactivity and ability to hold consumers' attention".
The top three reasons consumers gave for full screen takeover ads being so likeable were "Is an ad people will talk about", "Is entertaining", and "Is unique". Most notably for brands, respondents were 78% more likely to agree that full screen takeover ads made them want to learn more about a product or company.
Undertone co-founder, Eric Franchi, wasn't surprised by the findings saying that full screen takeover ads were a format that enabled a key consideration in advertising, great creative, to shine through.
For those who might be a little skeptical that a company touting interruptive advertising would arrive at results that promote interruptive advertising, Jonathan Kadoch, Sales Director at Undertone states that "The study has already been vetted by top agency insight and analytic teams who were previously skeptical about the results".
You can download the full study findings from the Undertone website.
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...