News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals the unlikely likeability of full-screen takeover ad format
Native advertising, a format that blends in with content online, is the new darling of online marketers. But new research from Undertone shows that consumers actually like interruptive ads that take over their screens and shout in their face.
The results appear to go against the grain, yet the survey of 3,000 consumers conducted on Undertone's behalf by Ipsos ASI reveals that interruptive ad experiences - high impact ads - are liked by consumers.
In particular, despite their intrusive nature, full screen takeover ad formats were found to be 30 - 49% more likeable than standard display. This, says Undertone in their report, "is due to their interactivity and ability to hold consumers' attention".
The top three reasons consumers gave for full screen takeover ads being so likeable were "Is an ad people will talk about", "Is entertaining", and "Is unique". Most notably for brands, respondents were 78% more likely to agree that full screen takeover ads made them want to learn more about a product or company.
Undertone co-founder, Eric Franchi, wasn't surprised by the findings saying that full screen takeover ads were a format that enabled a key consideration in advertising, great creative, to shine through.
For those who might be a little skeptical that a company touting interruptive advertising would arrive at results that promote interruptive advertising, Jonathan Kadoch, Sales Director at Undertone states that "The study has already been vetted by top agency insight and analytic teams who were previously skeptical about the results".
You can download the full study findings from the Undertone website.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...