News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals the unlikely likeability of full-screen takeover ad format
Native advertising, a format that blends in with content online, is the new darling of online marketers. But new research from Undertone shows that consumers actually like interruptive ads that take over their screens and shout in their face.
The results appear to go against the grain, yet the survey of 3,000 consumers conducted on Undertone's behalf by Ipsos ASI reveals that interruptive ad experiences - high impact ads - are liked by consumers.
In particular, despite their intrusive nature, full screen takeover ad formats were found to be 30 - 49% more likeable than standard display. This, says Undertone in their report, "is due to their interactivity and ability to hold consumers' attention".
The top three reasons consumers gave for full screen takeover ads being so likeable were "Is an ad people will talk about", "Is entertaining", and "Is unique". Most notably for brands, respondents were 78% more likely to agree that full screen takeover ads made them want to learn more about a product or company.
Undertone co-founder, Eric Franchi, wasn't surprised by the findings saying that full screen takeover ads were a format that enabled a key consideration in advertising, great creative, to shine through.
For those who might be a little skeptical that a company touting interruptive advertising would arrive at results that promote interruptive advertising, Jonathan Kadoch, Sales Director at Undertone states that "The study has already been vetted by top agency insight and analytic teams who were previously skeptical about the results".
You can download the full study findings from the Undertone website.
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...