News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Retargeting + Mobile = Ecommerce success
Retargeting has been shown to increase customer engagement by significant amounts. But new data out from myThings indicates teaming up retargeted advertising with a mobile element will push engagement even farther.
Think all you have to do to re-engage a shopper is to send a re-engagement email offering a discount? Think again. According to new data out from myThings sales based on retargeted ads were 18% higher when mobile elements were included in the campaign.
Here's how the data breaks down:
• Mobile-based retargeting pushed 18% more sales than simple retargeting campaigns
• Mobile retargeting showed a 46% higher click-thru rate
• eCPM costs were down 37% for mobile retargeting campaigns
• The time from last visit to mobile conversion was 13 times faster than last visit to desktop conversion
The study also found that mobile retargeting works for both smartphone and tablet consumers.
"[The] breakdown of mobile conversions had smartphones slightly ahead with 55% vs. 45%; in post click conversions, the ratio was 53% vs. 47%. Ultimately, smartphones drive sales because of greater reach (9x more devices according to June 2013 data from Gartner) while enhanced usability and greater ease to finalize transactions are the main reason behind the tablet's success," writes the company.
One more plus for mobile: shoppers using mobile devices don't show the weekend drop-off that desktop shoppers show. Mobile conversions were only 6% lower (weekend vs. weekday) while PC-based conversions were about 1/3 lower. Smartphone users are also more likely to reach product pages (55%) but about 18% of smartphone shoppers go no further than a site's homepage.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
- Brands: Why you should prep for cyber attacks
- Fun in the Sun: How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
- Email Roundup: Solutions to increase targeting
- Expert: Keys for coupon success
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...