News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Retargeting + Mobile = Ecommerce success
Retargeting has been shown to increase customer engagement by significant amounts. But new data out from myThings indicates teaming up retargeted advertising with a mobile element will push engagement even farther.
Think all you have to do to re-engage a shopper is to send a re-engagement email offering a discount? Think again. According to new data out from myThings sales based on retargeted ads were 18% higher when mobile elements were included in the campaign.
Here's how the data breaks down:
• Mobile-based retargeting pushed 18% more sales than simple retargeting campaigns
• Mobile retargeting showed a 46% higher click-thru rate
• eCPM costs were down 37% for mobile retargeting campaigns
• The time from last visit to mobile conversion was 13 times faster than last visit to desktop conversion
The study also found that mobile retargeting works for both smartphone and tablet consumers.
"[The] breakdown of mobile conversions had smartphones slightly ahead with 55% vs. 45%; in post click conversions, the ratio was 53% vs. 47%. Ultimately, smartphones drive sales because of greater reach (9x more devices according to June 2013 data from Gartner) while enhanced usability and greater ease to finalize transactions are the main reason behind the tablet's success," writes the company.
One more plus for mobile: shoppers using mobile devices don't show the weekend drop-off that desktop shoppers show. Mobile conversions were only 6% lower (weekend vs. weekday) while PC-based conversions were about 1/3 lower. Smartphone users are also more likely to reach product pages (55%) but about 18% of smartphone shoppers go no further than a site's homepage.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...