News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Retargeting + Mobile = Ecommerce success
Retargeting has been shown to increase customer engagement by significant amounts. But new data out from myThings indicates teaming up retargeted advertising with a mobile element will push engagement even farther.
Think all you have to do to re-engage a shopper is to send a re-engagement email offering a discount? Think again. According to new data out from myThings sales based on retargeted ads were 18% higher when mobile elements were included in the campaign.
Here's how the data breaks down:
• Mobile-based retargeting pushed 18% more sales than simple retargeting campaigns
• Mobile retargeting showed a 46% higher click-thru rate
• eCPM costs were down 37% for mobile retargeting campaigns
• The time from last visit to mobile conversion was 13 times faster than last visit to desktop conversion
The study also found that mobile retargeting works for both smartphone and tablet consumers.
"[The] breakdown of mobile conversions had smartphones slightly ahead with 55% vs. 45%; in post click conversions, the ratio was 53% vs. 47%. Ultimately, smartphones drive sales because of greater reach (9x more devices according to June 2013 data from Gartner) while enhanced usability and greater ease to finalize transactions are the main reason behind the tablet's success," writes the company.
One more plus for mobile: shoppers using mobile devices don't show the weekend drop-off that desktop shoppers show. Mobile conversions were only 6% lower (weekend vs. weekday) while PC-based conversions were about 1/3 lower. Smartphone users are also more likely to reach product pages (55%) but about 18% of smartphone shoppers go no further than a site's homepage.
Image via Shutterstock
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...