News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Retargeting + Mobile = Ecommerce success
Retargeting has been shown to increase customer engagement by significant amounts. But new data out from myThings indicates teaming up retargeted advertising with a mobile element will push engagement even farther.
Think all you have to do to re-engage a shopper is to send a re-engagement email offering a discount? Think again. According to new data out from myThings sales based on retargeted ads were 18% higher when mobile elements were included in the campaign.
Here's how the data breaks down:
• Mobile-based retargeting pushed 18% more sales than simple retargeting campaigns
• Mobile retargeting showed a 46% higher click-thru rate
• eCPM costs were down 37% for mobile retargeting campaigns
• The time from last visit to mobile conversion was 13 times faster than last visit to desktop conversion
The study also found that mobile retargeting works for both smartphone and tablet consumers.
"[The] breakdown of mobile conversions had smartphones slightly ahead with 55% vs. 45%; in post click conversions, the ratio was 53% vs. 47%. Ultimately, smartphones drive sales because of greater reach (9x more devices according to June 2013 data from Gartner) while enhanced usability and greater ease to finalize transactions are the main reason behind the tablet's success," writes the company.
One more plus for mobile: shoppers using mobile devices don't show the weekend drop-off that desktop shoppers show. Mobile conversions were only 6% lower (weekend vs. weekday) while PC-based conversions were about 1/3 lower. Smartphone users are also more likely to reach product pages (55%) but about 18% of smartphone shoppers go no further than a site's homepage.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...