News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms prefer national chains, not specialty shops
When it comes to feeding the family, moms are more likely to hit the local WalMart or Kroger than Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. That according to new data out from Placed; the data also shows most moms are flipping to smartphones while in-aisle to check lists and coupons.
"Mothers are one of the most valuable consumer segments, with purchasing power and influence that exceeds any other demographic group," said David Shim, Founder and CEO, Placed. "With 4 in 5 mobile moms turning to their smartphones as a grocery shopping resource, CPG brands and retailers need to better understand the impact that mobile has on in-store visitation to reach this next generation of moms."
Some interesting findings from the "Moms in the Grocery Aisle" report include:
• 13% of US moms hit a Kroger in November, making it the most visited
• 6.5% visited Aldi, the second most visited grocery chain
• Moms were 26% less likely to shop Trader Joe's and 41% less likely to shop Whole Foods
• Safeway, Publix and Food Lion ranked in the Top 5 for mom-visits
• 29% of moms prefer using general coupon sites/apps on their mobile devices
Meanwhile, while in-store, moms were most likely to access their smartphones for shopping lists or accessing coupons. However, most moms also access mobile coupons pre-visit, so CPG brands may get a lift from behaviorally targeting mobile moms. Moms are also checking recipe sites and comparing prices while in-store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
- Study: Shoppers more likely to webroom
- Expert: Native ads are under fire
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...