News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms prefer national chains, not specialty shops
When it comes to feeding the family, moms are more likely to hit the local WalMart or Kroger than Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. That according to new data out from Placed; the data also shows most moms are flipping to smartphones while in-aisle to check lists and coupons.
"Mothers are one of the most valuable consumer segments, with purchasing power and influence that exceeds any other demographic group," said David Shim, Founder and CEO, Placed. "With 4 in 5 mobile moms turning to their smartphones as a grocery shopping resource, CPG brands and retailers need to better understand the impact that mobile has on in-store visitation to reach this next generation of moms."
Some interesting findings from the "Moms in the Grocery Aisle" report include:
• 13% of US moms hit a Kroger in November, making it the most visited
• 6.5% visited Aldi, the second most visited grocery chain
• Moms were 26% less likely to shop Trader Joe's and 41% less likely to shop Whole Foods
• Safeway, Publix and Food Lion ranked in the Top 5 for mom-visits
• 29% of moms prefer using general coupon sites/apps on their mobile devices
Meanwhile, while in-store, moms were most likely to access their smartphones for shopping lists or accessing coupons. However, most moms also access mobile coupons pre-visit, so CPG brands may get a lift from behaviorally targeting mobile moms. Moms are also checking recipe sites and comparing prices while in-store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...