News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms prefer national chains, not specialty shops
When it comes to feeding the family, moms are more likely to hit the local WalMart or Kroger than Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. That according to new data out from Placed; the data also shows most moms are flipping to smartphones while in-aisle to check lists and coupons.
"Mothers are one of the most valuable consumer segments, with purchasing power and influence that exceeds any other demographic group," said David Shim, Founder and CEO, Placed. "With 4 in 5 mobile moms turning to their smartphones as a grocery shopping resource, CPG brands and retailers need to better understand the impact that mobile has on in-store visitation to reach this next generation of moms."
Some interesting findings from the "Moms in the Grocery Aisle" report include:
• 13% of US moms hit a Kroger in November, making it the most visited
• 6.5% visited Aldi, the second most visited grocery chain
• Moms were 26% less likely to shop Trader Joe's and 41% less likely to shop Whole Foods
• Safeway, Publix and Food Lion ranked in the Top 5 for mom-visits
• 29% of moms prefer using general coupon sites/apps on their mobile devices
Meanwhile, while in-store, moms were most likely to access their smartphones for shopping lists or accessing coupons. However, most moms also access mobile coupons pre-visit, so CPG brands may get a lift from behaviorally targeting mobile moms. Moms are also checking recipe sites and comparing prices while in-store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...