News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms prefer national chains, not specialty shops
When it comes to feeding the family, moms are more likely to hit the local WalMart or Kroger than Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. That according to new data out from Placed; the data also shows most moms are flipping to smartphones while in-aisle to check lists and coupons.
"Mothers are one of the most valuable consumer segments, with purchasing power and influence that exceeds any other demographic group," said David Shim, Founder and CEO, Placed. "With 4 in 5 mobile moms turning to their smartphones as a grocery shopping resource, CPG brands and retailers need to better understand the impact that mobile has on in-store visitation to reach this next generation of moms."
Some interesting findings from the "Moms in the Grocery Aisle" report include:
• 13% of US moms hit a Kroger in November, making it the most visited
• 6.5% visited Aldi, the second most visited grocery chain
• Moms were 26% less likely to shop Trader Joe's and 41% less likely to shop Whole Foods
• Safeway, Publix and Food Lion ranked in the Top 5 for mom-visits
• 29% of moms prefer using general coupon sites/apps on their mobile devices
Meanwhile, while in-store, moms were most likely to access their smartphones for shopping lists or accessing coupons. However, most moms also access mobile coupons pre-visit, so CPG brands may get a lift from behaviorally targeting mobile moms. Moms are also checking recipe sites and comparing prices while in-store.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...