News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Email, reviews, apps 'most influential' for shoppers
When it comes to influencing a purchase, a new report from Ryan Partnership may have retailers clicking to make campaign changes. According to the survey of shoppers, emails sent by retailers, online reviews and shopping apps are the most influential in helping shoppers make purchase decisions.
According to the study email, reviews and apps were found to be 'the most helpful' to shoppers while daily deal sites and social media were found to be not as helpful. Meanwhile, retailer sites and search engines were found to be helpful but not influential in the purchasing decisions of shoppers.
"Shoppers today interact with brands across channels throughout the purchase process. In recent years we've seen an increase in the use of digital tools when it comes to shopping and the influence these tools are having on purchase behaviors," said Kim Finnerty, Senior Vice President of Research and Insights at Ryan Partnership. "As the discipline of digital shopper marketing matures, it is critical that marketers understand which tools to deploy, and how, in order to most effectively deliver on their specific marketing objectives."
Ryan Partnership is a division of Epsilon.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Shoppers say social tools are most likely to influence a product trial
• Branded email/text messages were most likely to influence a purchase
• Mobile devices saw a surge in use by shoppers but PCs remain the dominant option for shopping tools
• Retailer-owned, mobile tools (email, text, social) were 'most likely' to be use in-store
• Retailer-owned and brand-owned tools help shoppers decide where to shop
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...