News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Email, reviews, apps 'most influential' for shoppers
When it comes to influencing a purchase, a new report from Ryan Partnership may have retailers clicking to make campaign changes. According to the survey of shoppers, emails sent by retailers, online reviews and shopping apps are the most influential in helping shoppers make purchase decisions.
According to the study email, reviews and apps were found to be 'the most helpful' to shoppers while daily deal sites and social media were found to be not as helpful. Meanwhile, retailer sites and search engines were found to be helpful but not influential in the purchasing decisions of shoppers.
"Shoppers today interact with brands across channels throughout the purchase process. In recent years we've seen an increase in the use of digital tools when it comes to shopping and the influence these tools are having on purchase behaviors," said Kim Finnerty, Senior Vice President of Research and Insights at Ryan Partnership. "As the discipline of digital shopper marketing matures, it is critical that marketers understand which tools to deploy, and how, in order to most effectively deliver on their specific marketing objectives."
Ryan Partnership is a division of Epsilon.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Shoppers say social tools are most likely to influence a product trial
• Branded email/text messages were most likely to influence a purchase
• Mobile devices saw a surge in use by shoppers but PCs remain the dominant option for shopping tools
• Retailer-owned, mobile tools (email, text, social) were 'most likely' to be use in-store
• Retailer-owned and brand-owned tools help shoppers decide where to shop
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....