News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SMBs resolving to make 2014 strong
Just seven days after much of the world was making resolutions to lose weight or finally date that guy or get that promotion, many of the resolutions are already gathering dust. But, for small businesses, resolutions are more serious business.
According to a new Constant Contact survey most (53%) of small businesses make New Year's Resolutions each year and about one-third (33%) say their 'are successful' at keeping those resolutions. In fact most (53%) say business resolutions are simpler to keep than personal resolutions.
"I think most of us can relate to the treadmill gathering dust in the basement, or the long-abandoned pledge to stop procrastinating, so it's easy to see why the majority of people surveyed think business-related New Year's resolutions are easier to keep than personal ones," said Christopher M. Litster, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Constant Contact. "Business resolutions can be easier to measure, as can the rewards if you stick to them, so I think staying focused on them can feel a bit easier."
What resolutions are topping the list for 2014?
• 26% want to increase annual revenue while 18% want to run a more efficient business
• 16% are resolving to find more customers/clients
• 10% say they'll try new marketing tactics
As for resolutions that have worked in the past - those surveyed said resolutions like 'asking for help' and 'building the team' helped them thrive in year's past. Money wise, many SMBs are thinking big - like retirement, buying the competition or increasing their reserve case to six months of revenue. Other areas SMBs would like to capitalize include:
• Conduct 'full on' marketing blitzes
• Consistently create online content/use social media
• Get mobile with interactive sites built on CMS platforms
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...