News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SMBs resolving to make 2014 strong
Just seven days after much of the world was making resolutions to lose weight or finally date that guy or get that promotion, many of the resolutions are already gathering dust. But, for small businesses, resolutions are more serious business.
According to a new Constant Contact survey most (53%) of small businesses make New Year's Resolutions each year and about one-third (33%) say their 'are successful' at keeping those resolutions. In fact most (53%) say business resolutions are simpler to keep than personal resolutions.
"I think most of us can relate to the treadmill gathering dust in the basement, or the long-abandoned pledge to stop procrastinating, so it's easy to see why the majority of people surveyed think business-related New Year's resolutions are easier to keep than personal ones," said Christopher M. Litster, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Constant Contact. "Business resolutions can be easier to measure, as can the rewards if you stick to them, so I think staying focused on them can feel a bit easier."
What resolutions are topping the list for 2014?
• 26% want to increase annual revenue while 18% want to run a more efficient business
• 16% are resolving to find more customers/clients
• 10% say they'll try new marketing tactics
As for resolutions that have worked in the past - those surveyed said resolutions like 'asking for help' and 'building the team' helped them thrive in year's past. Money wise, many SMBs are thinking big - like retirement, buying the competition or increasing their reserve case to six months of revenue. Other areas SMBs would like to capitalize include:
• Conduct 'full on' marketing blitzes
• Consistently create online content/use social media
• Get mobile with interactive sites built on CMS platforms
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...