News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Responsive design not used by world's top airlines
While many of the world's top airlines have a dedicated mobile website, not a single one is using responsive design, according to new research from digital agency 8 Million Stories.
Research conducted by travel event 'Travel Technology Europe' found that most travel firms (83%) expect to spend more on new technology this year. In particular, 72% of that increased spend will be directed at mobile.
One has to wonder if the airlines will be investing in responsive design because, according to 8 Million Stories, not one has implemented responsive design, despite it being Google's top recommendation for mobile.
Out of the UK's top 11 airlines, just one - Thomas Cook Airlines - uses responsive design. Implemented in November last year, conversions from the newly designed flythomascook.com website have already risen by over 30%.
According to 8 Million Stories, there are multiple reasons why airlines have been slow to adopt responsive design.
"It isn't always that simple for airlines to implement," says Simon Heyes, strategy and marketing director of 8 Million Stories. "Scheduling IT and development time, aligning web change schedules, realigning and changing current booking systems are all factors that prevent many airlines diving into responsive design."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecomm Roundup: 3 platform releases offer more control
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
- Most parents will shop offline for Halloween candy and costumes
- VR, mobile to boost game industry revenues past $100 billion by 2018
- Four tips to connect with festive shoppers
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...