News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals post frequency sweet spot for hotels on Facebook
When Inside Facebook looked at the performance of posts and statuses by hotels and resorts, they discovered that many are posting way too much on the social network.
In their analysis of 2,121 hotels and resorts on Facebook, taking into account 114,634 posts, Inside Facebook found that top hotels and resorts such as the MGM Grand, Aria or Sierra-At-Tahoe post, on average, about 50 times per month, or twice a day. These hotels also experienced high levels of interaction.
However, most hotels were found to be posting close to 30 times per day, yet had a sixth of the engagement of competitors posting less. Inside Facebook says there is a 'sweet spot' for how often hotels and resorts should post to Facebook and that is 3 to 7 times per day.
The analysis delved deeper, looking into which types of posts garnered the most engagement or shares. Scenery shots of the destination were found to generate the most Likes at 28.71 per 1,000 impressions - five times more than link posts - and the most Shares per 1,000 impressions.
At the other end of the scale, posts about room and hotel amenities aren't as good at driving engagement - less than 50% of engagement is with this type of post.
So, hotels and resorts that have a presence on Facebook would do well not to waste too much time and energy posting more than 3 to 7 times per day and, to increase engagement, should focus more in emotive scenery shots and less on promoting in-room and hotel facilities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...