News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals post frequency sweet spot for hotels on Facebook
When Inside Facebook looked at the performance of posts and statuses by hotels and resorts, they discovered that many are posting way too much on the social network.
In their analysis of 2,121 hotels and resorts on Facebook, taking into account 114,634 posts, Inside Facebook found that top hotels and resorts such as the MGM Grand, Aria or Sierra-At-Tahoe post, on average, about 50 times per month, or twice a day. These hotels also experienced high levels of interaction.
However, most hotels were found to be posting close to 30 times per day, yet had a sixth of the engagement of competitors posting less. Inside Facebook says there is a 'sweet spot' for how often hotels and resorts should post to Facebook and that is 3 to 7 times per day.
The analysis delved deeper, looking into which types of posts garnered the most engagement or shares. Scenery shots of the destination were found to generate the most Likes at 28.71 per 1,000 impressions - five times more than link posts - and the most Shares per 1,000 impressions.
At the other end of the scale, posts about room and hotel amenities aren't as good at driving engagement - less than 50% of engagement is with this type of post.
So, hotels and resorts that have a presence on Facebook would do well not to waste too much time and energy posting more than 3 to 7 times per day and, to increase engagement, should focus more in emotive scenery shots and less on promoting in-room and hotel facilities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...