News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals post frequency sweet spot for hotels on Facebook
When Inside Facebook looked at the performance of posts and statuses by hotels and resorts, they discovered that many are posting way too much on the social network.
In their analysis of 2,121 hotels and resorts on Facebook, taking into account 114,634 posts, Inside Facebook found that top hotels and resorts such as the MGM Grand, Aria or Sierra-At-Tahoe post, on average, about 50 times per month, or twice a day. These hotels also experienced high levels of interaction.
However, most hotels were found to be posting close to 30 times per day, yet had a sixth of the engagement of competitors posting less. Inside Facebook says there is a 'sweet spot' for how often hotels and resorts should post to Facebook and that is 3 to 7 times per day.
The analysis delved deeper, looking into which types of posts garnered the most engagement or shares. Scenery shots of the destination were found to generate the most Likes at 28.71 per 1,000 impressions - five times more than link posts - and the most Shares per 1,000 impressions.
At the other end of the scale, posts about room and hotel amenities aren't as good at driving engagement - less than 50% of engagement is with this type of post.
So, hotels and resorts that have a presence on Facebook would do well not to waste too much time and energy posting more than 3 to 7 times per day and, to increase engagement, should focus more in emotive scenery shots and less on promoting in-room and hotel facilities.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...