News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals post frequency sweet spot for hotels on Facebook
When Inside Facebook looked at the performance of posts and statuses by hotels and resorts, they discovered that many are posting way too much on the social network.
In their analysis of 2,121 hotels and resorts on Facebook, taking into account 114,634 posts, Inside Facebook found that top hotels and resorts such as the MGM Grand, Aria or Sierra-At-Tahoe post, on average, about 50 times per month, or twice a day. These hotels also experienced high levels of interaction.
However, most hotels were found to be posting close to 30 times per day, yet had a sixth of the engagement of competitors posting less. Inside Facebook says there is a 'sweet spot' for how often hotels and resorts should post to Facebook and that is 3 to 7 times per day.
The analysis delved deeper, looking into which types of posts garnered the most engagement or shares. Scenery shots of the destination were found to generate the most Likes at 28.71 per 1,000 impressions - five times more than link posts - and the most Shares per 1,000 impressions.
At the other end of the scale, posts about room and hotel amenities aren't as good at driving engagement - less than 50% of engagement is with this type of post.
So, hotels and resorts that have a presence on Facebook would do well not to waste too much time and energy posting more than 3 to 7 times per day and, to increase engagement, should focus more in emotive scenery shots and less on promoting in-room and hotel facilities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Global online travel market to exceed $1billion by 2022
- UK shoppers choose supermarkets primarily on location, not price
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- DMA: Email click-through rates continue to fall
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...