News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research reveals post frequency sweet spot for hotels on Facebook
When Inside Facebook looked at the performance of posts and statuses by hotels and resorts, they discovered that many are posting way too much on the social network.
In their analysis of 2,121 hotels and resorts on Facebook, taking into account 114,634 posts, Inside Facebook found that top hotels and resorts such as the MGM Grand, Aria or Sierra-At-Tahoe post, on average, about 50 times per month, or twice a day. These hotels also experienced high levels of interaction.
However, most hotels were found to be posting close to 30 times per day, yet had a sixth of the engagement of competitors posting less. Inside Facebook says there is a 'sweet spot' for how often hotels and resorts should post to Facebook and that is 3 to 7 times per day.
The analysis delved deeper, looking into which types of posts garnered the most engagement or shares. Scenery shots of the destination were found to generate the most Likes at 28.71 per 1,000 impressions - five times more than link posts - and the most Shares per 1,000 impressions.
At the other end of the scale, posts about room and hotel amenities aren't as good at driving engagement - less than 50% of engagement is with this type of post.
So, hotels and resorts that have a presence on Facebook would do well not to waste too much time and energy posting more than 3 to 7 times per day and, to increase engagement, should focus more in emotive scenery shots and less on promoting in-room and hotel facilities.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...