News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Valentines to be a hot digital holiday
The holiday of love might have lovers paying more attention to one another, but when it comes to buying gifts, online may take the cake. That according to new data out from Adroit Digital which indicates most Valentines Day shoppers will be hitting online retailers to pick out gifts.
Last year the National Retail Federation reported Valentines shoppers spent nearly $19 billion. According to data just out from Adroit Digital, this year Valentines Day shoppers are most likely to hit online retailers (59%) for gifts - including tablets and smartphones. Other interesting findings include:
• 48% will make Valentines purchases in the first week of February
• 58% say online/mobile ads will influence their buys
• 59% say they will visit 3 or fewer stores before making a purchase
• 64% say they're looking for free shipping offers
• 48% say they're looking for Valentines 'specials'
"The winning formula for retailers this Valentine's Day is recognizing the significant role that online ads will have in influencing purchase decisions. Shoppers are more likely to buy online if the ads they encounter are personalized," said Scott German, GM of Adroit Digital. "If that's not taken in to account, then retailers stand to miss out on billions of dollars in a two-week window."
Meanwhile Ebates has released the hottest gifts for this Valentines Day. Their top findings: men are looking for gift cards while women are looking for flowers. Other hot items this year: Men are looking for smartphones or gaming consoles like Xbox or Playstation while women will likely be happy with jewelry, chocolates or clothing.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...