News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile commerce up 50% over holiday season
Bigcommerce reports auto and accessories retailers using their platform are having the most success - right now - in the online space. Over the 2013 holidays automotive retailers using Bigcommerce's platform out-performed the likes of AutoZone and O'Reilly while jewelry/accessories retailers saw 31% growth.
Other interesting findings from BigCommerce include:
• Book/movie/music retailers saw a 14% decrease in revenue
• Small retailers in sporting goods, toys and electronics are out-selling big-box retail stores like Cabela's, Toys-R-Us and Fry's
• Verticals with the highest demand included Wedding/Bridal, Furniture and Home Improvement brands
Meanwhile, new data out from the Custora Pulse finds mobile ecommerce skyrocketed at a 50% YoY growth rate; about 1 in 3 purchases were made on a smartphone or tablet over the 2013 holidays. Ecommerce sales increased about 12% from the 2012 to the 2013 holiday shopping season. The report also indicates Social Commerce is not hitting home with shoppers.
"Social networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram) generated less than 2% of e-commerce sales during the holiday shopping season, same as in 2012," said Corey Pierson, Custora CEO.
Finally, insights from FreshPlum indicate most holiday shoppers finish their buying frenzy around December 19. Their data, culled from analysis of $2 million in daily transactions, shows clothing retailers see bigger revenue bumps in mid-December than over the Thanksgiving Weekend sales. The data also shows:
• Toys/Games retailers see between 30% and 50% of their sales in November
• Office supply stores see their biggest sales days mid-week
• Pet supply retailers saw a large number of shoppers take advantage of early sales
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...