News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile commerce up 50% over holiday season
Bigcommerce reports auto and accessories retailers using their platform are having the most success - right now - in the online space. Over the 2013 holidays automotive retailers using Bigcommerce's platform out-performed the likes of AutoZone and O'Reilly while jewelry/accessories retailers saw 31% growth.
Other interesting findings from BigCommerce include:
• Book/movie/music retailers saw a 14% decrease in revenue
• Small retailers in sporting goods, toys and electronics are out-selling big-box retail stores like Cabela's, Toys-R-Us and Fry's
• Verticals with the highest demand included Wedding/Bridal, Furniture and Home Improvement brands
Meanwhile, new data out from the Custora Pulse finds mobile ecommerce skyrocketed at a 50% YoY growth rate; about 1 in 3 purchases were made on a smartphone or tablet over the 2013 holidays. Ecommerce sales increased about 12% from the 2012 to the 2013 holiday shopping season. The report also indicates Social Commerce is not hitting home with shoppers.
"Social networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram) generated less than 2% of e-commerce sales during the holiday shopping season, same as in 2012," said Corey Pierson, Custora CEO.
Finally, insights from FreshPlum indicate most holiday shoppers finish their buying frenzy around December 19. Their data, culled from analysis of $2 million in daily transactions, shows clothing retailers see bigger revenue bumps in mid-December than over the Thanksgiving Weekend sales. The data also shows:
• Toys/Games retailers see between 30% and 50% of their sales in November
• Office supply stores see their biggest sales days mid-week
• Pet supply retailers saw a large number of shoppers take advantage of early sales
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....