News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile commerce up 50% over holiday season
Bigcommerce reports auto and accessories retailers using their platform are having the most success - right now - in the online space. Over the 2013 holidays automotive retailers using Bigcommerce's platform out-performed the likes of AutoZone and O'Reilly while jewelry/accessories retailers saw 31% growth.
Other interesting findings from BigCommerce include:
• Book/movie/music retailers saw a 14% decrease in revenue
• Small retailers in sporting goods, toys and electronics are out-selling big-box retail stores like Cabela's, Toys-R-Us and Fry's
• Verticals with the highest demand included Wedding/Bridal, Furniture and Home Improvement brands
Meanwhile, new data out from the Custora Pulse finds mobile ecommerce skyrocketed at a 50% YoY growth rate; about 1 in 3 purchases were made on a smartphone or tablet over the 2013 holidays. Ecommerce sales increased about 12% from the 2012 to the 2013 holiday shopping season. The report also indicates Social Commerce is not hitting home with shoppers.
"Social networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram) generated less than 2% of e-commerce sales during the holiday shopping season, same as in 2012," said Corey Pierson, Custora CEO.
Finally, insights from FreshPlum indicate most holiday shoppers finish their buying frenzy around December 19. Their data, culled from analysis of $2 million in daily transactions, shows clothing retailers see bigger revenue bumps in mid-December than over the Thanksgiving Weekend sales. The data also shows:
• Toys/Games retailers see between 30% and 50% of their sales in November
• Office supply stores see their biggest sales days mid-week
• Pet supply retailers saw a large number of shoppers take advantage of early sales
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most mobile brands using geo-targeting
- Survey: Economy making SMBs pessimistic
- Mobile Roundup: Transactions, Fraud increasing
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...