News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Transition screens important for mobile
As important as experience has become for the mobile space, one more mobile item is growing in importance: transition screens. According to new data from appssavvy full-screen mobile ads that included a transition screen increased engagement levels by nearly 50%.
Transition screens might include information about what the customer did - clicked a link, leveled up in a game, liked a product, etc - or they might hold contextually relevant content.
"This insight demonstrates the opportunity for mobile publishers, both app and web, to dramatically increase brand advertising engagement through effective ad delivery by introducing ads with contextual transition screens," said Chris Cunningham, co-founder and CEO of appssavvy. "Audiences spending time on mobile devices is not enough to satisfy brand advertisers, especially when only offered standard banner ads. Our technology has identified the ability to increase effectiveness, while, importantly, delivering advertising in a unique way that when the user receives, they do so positively and engage."
"As an activity-centric platform, our core focus has been reaching audiences at a time they are most receptive to advertising and aligning ad delivery with the user experience," said Michael Burke, co-founder and president of appssavvy. "This insight proves that through innovation, there is an opportunity to take mobile advertising beyond its current status today serving mainly direct response and app advertising."
Meanwhile, mobile gaming continues to gain popularity with consumers. App Annie's portable gaming report shows that Amazon's Kindle Fire is a favorite with gamers, beating out other Android tablets using Google Play; Android and Apple devices are growing closer in user numbers, but Apple's users are spending more. The App Annie report shows Apple users out-spent Google Play user revenue three to one.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...