News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Transition screens important for mobile
As important as experience has become for the mobile space, one more mobile item is growing in importance: transition screens. According to new data from appssavvy full-screen mobile ads that included a transition screen increased engagement levels by nearly 50%.
Transition screens might include information about what the customer did - clicked a link, leveled up in a game, liked a product, etc - or they might hold contextually relevant content.
"This insight demonstrates the opportunity for mobile publishers, both app and web, to dramatically increase brand advertising engagement through effective ad delivery by introducing ads with contextual transition screens," said Chris Cunningham, co-founder and CEO of appssavvy. "Audiences spending time on mobile devices is not enough to satisfy brand advertisers, especially when only offered standard banner ads. Our technology has identified the ability to increase effectiveness, while, importantly, delivering advertising in a unique way that when the user receives, they do so positively and engage."
"As an activity-centric platform, our core focus has been reaching audiences at a time they are most receptive to advertising and aligning ad delivery with the user experience," said Michael Burke, co-founder and president of appssavvy. "This insight proves that through innovation, there is an opportunity to take mobile advertising beyond its current status today serving mainly direct response and app advertising."
Meanwhile, mobile gaming continues to gain popularity with consumers. App Annie's portable gaming report shows that Amazon's Kindle Fire is a favorite with gamers, beating out other Android tablets using Google Play; Android and Apple devices are growing closer in user numbers, but Apple's users are spending more. The App Annie report shows Apple users out-spent Google Play user revenue three to one.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...