News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: 20% of all search clicks via mobile
When it comes to search, brands are investing in mobile and product listings. Those are two key takeaways in a new report from The Search Agency. According to their data, in Q4 of 2013 both mobile and PLAs saw strong growth; in fact, about 20% of all search clicks are made from a mobile device now.
The Search Agency's Q4 2013 State of Paid Search Report also indicates Product Listings (PLAs) will be a hot commodity for a while; in Q4 PLAs saw an increase of 71% (Quarter over Quarter) with a 164% growth rate YoY. Mobile devices drove those increase with smartphones seen click-thru rates of 1589% and tablets seeing increases of 335%.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• CPCs increased more than 27%, pushed on by mobile usage
• Google's impression share pushed past 84%, an increase of 7.6% YOY
• Bing's share of clicks decreased by 20%
"Bing posted strong numbers early last year, but we saw a marked cooling of growth last quarter," said Delia Perez, senior vice president of marketing strategy, The Search Agency. "As advertisers ramped up their activity around holiday shopping, Google's Product Listing Ads got a boost, which took its toll on Bing."
The B2B space also showed strong numbers for Q4, coming in ahead of both Retail and Healthcare on the mobile front. B2B click share increased by more than 175% (smartphone). Healthcare's click share, meanwhile, increased by 53% (smartphone); overall healthcare's share of impressions increased by 88% through Q4.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...