News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: 20% of all search clicks via mobile
When it comes to search, brands are investing in mobile and product listings. Those are two key takeaways in a new report from The Search Agency. According to their data, in Q4 of 2013 both mobile and PLAs saw strong growth; in fact, about 20% of all search clicks are made from a mobile device now.
The Search Agency's Q4 2013 State of Paid Search Report also indicates Product Listings (PLAs) will be a hot commodity for a while; in Q4 PLAs saw an increase of 71% (Quarter over Quarter) with a 164% growth rate YoY. Mobile devices drove those increase with smartphones seen click-thru rates of 1589% and tablets seeing increases of 335%.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• CPCs increased more than 27%, pushed on by mobile usage
• Google's impression share pushed past 84%, an increase of 7.6% YOY
• Bing's share of clicks decreased by 20%
"Bing posted strong numbers early last year, but we saw a marked cooling of growth last quarter," said Delia Perez, senior vice president of marketing strategy, The Search Agency. "As advertisers ramped up their activity around holiday shopping, Google's Product Listing Ads got a boost, which took its toll on Bing."
The B2B space also showed strong numbers for Q4, coming in ahead of both Retail and Healthcare on the mobile front. B2B click share increased by more than 175% (smartphone). Healthcare's click share, meanwhile, increased by 53% (smartphone); overall healthcare's share of impressions increased by 88% through Q4.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers using promotions to re-engage shoppers
- Expert: How internet radio is taking over
- Click-to-call ads 4x more likely to lead to purchase
- LinkedIn opens Social Selling Index tool to all members - what's your score?
- Marketers want more budget allocated to creation of visual assets
- Criteo: Third of ecommerce transactions take place on mobile
- Study: Most mobile brands using geo-targeting
- Survey: Economy making SMBs pessimistic
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...