News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ReachLocal, Baynote programs use big data to increase ROI
New data is out from a pilot program between auto brand SCION and ReachLocal, showing strong engagement based on targeted campaigns; and a new platform from Baynote uses data to enhance website experiences.
The ReachLocal platform is a tool for small and medium sized businesses, set up to help them increase campaign ROI. Their pilot program, with seven SCION dealerships around San Francisco, showed an increase of 200% for web visits and 28,000 click-thrus.
"Participating dealerships saw an average (YOY) sales increase of 17 percent during the pilot program, with one dealer achieving a 134 percent YOY increase," said Mary Pham, Scion brand manager at Toyota Motors Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "Working with ReachLocal and Google on this Scion pilot has made me learn about the level of traffic that can be driven to dealer websites with a good solid digital campaign."
The program targets consumers through paid search, mobile and display ad options.
Baynote's newly release VUE platform may be another way online brands can better connect with customers.
"E-commerce is highly competitive and growing fast as retailers have more products, faster turnover and shoppers demanding relevant, personalized experiences however they shop," said Bill Hustad, Baynote CEO. "Retail innovation is being driven by customer expectations and merchants need to be responsive."
Baynote's VUE self-services platform gives retailers scale by leveraging data from Hadoop and other tech platforms; combining that data with their existing retail algorithms and a real-time server, retailers on the platform should notice enhanced performance and better customer experiences.
Image via Shutterstock
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...