News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Re-targeting being trialed by Twitter
Twitter is trialing a new way of targeting on the social platform that will provide advertisers with a means of re-targeting those who have previously interacted via their website.
Twitter is experimenting with a new way for advertisers to create Tailored Audiences using lists of emails and customer IDs from in-house customer relationship management databases or databases stored with ad partners. This will enable the re-targeting of consumers who have already visited advertisers' websites, placed an order or even subscribed to a newsletter.
With regards privacy, users can opt out of the program using Twitter settings and, to avoid overly specific targeting a minimum audience size has been set.
"The combination of these tools enables a highly relevant and useful message for the user and creates the opportunity for you to reach these known audiences on Twitter with more efficient campaigns," writes product manager Kelton Lynn in a recent blog post.
The trial is currently taking place in the U.S.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...