News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Re-targeting being trialed by Twitter
Twitter is trialing a new way of targeting on the social platform that will provide advertisers with a means of re-targeting those who have previously interacted via their website.
Twitter is experimenting with a new way for advertisers to create Tailored Audiences using lists of emails and customer IDs from in-house customer relationship management databases or databases stored with ad partners. This will enable the re-targeting of consumers who have already visited advertisers' websites, placed an order or even subscribed to a newsletter.
With regards privacy, users can opt out of the program using Twitter settings and, to avoid overly specific targeting a minimum audience size has been set.
"The combination of these tools enables a highly relevant and useful message for the user and creates the opportunity for you to reach these known audiences on Twitter with more efficient campaigns," writes product manager Kelton Lynn in a recent blog post.
The trial is currently taking place in the U.S.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...