News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Re-targeting being trialed by Twitter
Twitter is trialing a new way of targeting on the social platform that will provide advertisers with a means of re-targeting those who have previously interacted via their website.
Twitter is experimenting with a new way for advertisers to create Tailored Audiences using lists of emails and customer IDs from in-house customer relationship management databases or databases stored with ad partners. This will enable the re-targeting of consumers who have already visited advertisers' websites, placed an order or even subscribed to a newsletter.
With regards privacy, users can opt out of the program using Twitter settings and, to avoid overly specific targeting a minimum audience size has been set.
"The combination of these tools enables a highly relevant and useful message for the user and creates the opportunity for you to reach these known audiences on Twitter with more efficient campaigns," writes product manager Kelton Lynn in a recent blog post.
The trial is currently taking place in the U.S.
- Mobile users are banking on a date
- Eight in ten disappointed shoppers give retailers no chance to fix problem
- Report: BTS spending to increase
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
- Ad Roundup: 3 solutions to power brand engagement
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...