News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Re-targeting being trialed by Twitter
Twitter is trialing a new way of targeting on the social platform that will provide advertisers with a means of re-targeting those who have previously interacted via their website.
Twitter is experimenting with a new way for advertisers to create Tailored Audiences using lists of emails and customer IDs from in-house customer relationship management databases or databases stored with ad partners. This will enable the re-targeting of consumers who have already visited advertisers' websites, placed an order or even subscribed to a newsletter.
With regards privacy, users can opt out of the program using Twitter settings and, to avoid overly specific targeting a minimum audience size has been set.
"The combination of these tools enables a highly relevant and useful message for the user and creates the opportunity for you to reach these known audiences on Twitter with more efficient campaigns," writes product manager Kelton Lynn in a recent blog post.
The trial is currently taking place in the U.S.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...