News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Re-targeting being trialed by Twitter
Twitter is trialing a new way of targeting on the social platform that will provide advertisers with a means of re-targeting those who have previously interacted via their website.
Twitter is experimenting with a new way for advertisers to create Tailored Audiences using lists of emails and customer IDs from in-house customer relationship management databases or databases stored with ad partners. This will enable the re-targeting of consumers who have already visited advertisers' websites, placed an order or even subscribed to a newsletter.
With regards privacy, users can opt out of the program using Twitter settings and, to avoid overly specific targeting a minimum audience size has been set.
"The combination of these tools enables a highly relevant and useful message for the user and creates the opportunity for you to reach these known audiences on Twitter with more efficient campaigns," writes product manager Kelton Lynn in a recent blog post.
The trial is currently taking place in the U.S.
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
- eRetail, banking and airline ticketing earmarked as hot areas for online fraud
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...