News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest predicted to overtake Facebook in revenue per visit in 2014
Facebook continues to drive more traffic to retailers than other social media but, as Facebook's performance has leveled off, its competitors' share of retailer referrals is growing, according to new data released by Adobe.
In Adobe's Q4 2013 Social Media Intelligence Report social media can be seen to driving more traffic to retailers than ever before. Facebook's click-through rates jumped 365% YoY, cost-per-thousand impressions rose 437% YoY and the social network recorded its highest ad-click volume ever.
Meanwhile, Twitter's share of traffic driven to retailers rose 125% YoY and Pinterest's by 89%.
However, while Facebook drove 69% of all traffic to retailers in the final quarter of 2013, that was less than in the same period in the previous year (71%).
"All social is growing, Facebook is just growing slower. The main story is not necessarily that Facebook dropped," says Joe Martin, marketing analytics manager at Adobe's Digital Index. "It's more the surge of the other ones."
While Facebook is still referring more traffic than any other social media site or network, Adobe's report reveals Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of referring revenue in Q4 2013 in the UK. To this end, Adobe forecasts Pinterest will better Facebook's revenue per visit in the U.S. sometime this year.
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...