News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest predicted to overtake Facebook in revenue per visit in 2014
Facebook continues to drive more traffic to retailers than other social media but, as Facebook's performance has leveled off, its competitors' share of retailer referrals is growing, according to new data released by Adobe.
In Adobe's Q4 2013 Social Media Intelligence Report social media can be seen to driving more traffic to retailers than ever before. Facebook's click-through rates jumped 365% YoY, cost-per-thousand impressions rose 437% YoY and the social network recorded its highest ad-click volume ever.
Meanwhile, Twitter's share of traffic driven to retailers rose 125% YoY and Pinterest's by 89%.
However, while Facebook drove 69% of all traffic to retailers in the final quarter of 2013, that was less than in the same period in the previous year (71%).
"All social is growing, Facebook is just growing slower. The main story is not necessarily that Facebook dropped," says Joe Martin, marketing analytics manager at Adobe's Digital Index. "It's more the surge of the other ones."
While Facebook is still referring more traffic than any other social media site or network, Adobe's report reveals Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of referring revenue in Q4 2013 in the UK. To this end, Adobe forecasts Pinterest will better Facebook's revenue per visit in the U.S. sometime this year.
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...