News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest predicted to overtake Facebook in revenue per visit in 2014
Facebook continues to drive more traffic to retailers than other social media but, as Facebook's performance has leveled off, its competitors' share of retailer referrals is growing, according to new data released by Adobe.
In Adobe's Q4 2013 Social Media Intelligence Report social media can be seen to driving more traffic to retailers than ever before. Facebook's click-through rates jumped 365% YoY, cost-per-thousand impressions rose 437% YoY and the social network recorded its highest ad-click volume ever.
Meanwhile, Twitter's share of traffic driven to retailers rose 125% YoY and Pinterest's by 89%.
However, while Facebook drove 69% of all traffic to retailers in the final quarter of 2013, that was less than in the same period in the previous year (71%).
"All social is growing, Facebook is just growing slower. The main story is not necessarily that Facebook dropped," says Joe Martin, marketing analytics manager at Adobe's Digital Index. "It's more the surge of the other ones."
While Facebook is still referring more traffic than any other social media site or network, Adobe's report reveals Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of referring revenue in Q4 2013 in the UK. To this end, Adobe forecasts Pinterest will better Facebook's revenue per visit in the U.S. sometime this year.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...