News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest predicted to overtake Facebook in revenue per visit in 2014
Facebook continues to drive more traffic to retailers than other social media but, as Facebook's performance has leveled off, its competitors' share of retailer referrals is growing, according to new data released by Adobe.
In Adobe's Q4 2013 Social Media Intelligence Report social media can be seen to driving more traffic to retailers than ever before. Facebook's click-through rates jumped 365% YoY, cost-per-thousand impressions rose 437% YoY and the social network recorded its highest ad-click volume ever.
Meanwhile, Twitter's share of traffic driven to retailers rose 125% YoY and Pinterest's by 89%.
However, while Facebook drove 69% of all traffic to retailers in the final quarter of 2013, that was less than in the same period in the previous year (71%).
"All social is growing, Facebook is just growing slower. The main story is not necessarily that Facebook dropped," says Joe Martin, marketing analytics manager at Adobe's Digital Index. "It's more the surge of the other ones."
While Facebook is still referring more traffic than any other social media site or network, Adobe's report reveals Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of referring revenue in Q4 2013 in the UK. To this end, Adobe forecasts Pinterest will better Facebook's revenue per visit in the U.S. sometime this year.
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...