News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest predicted to overtake Facebook in revenue per visit in 2014
Facebook continues to drive more traffic to retailers than other social media but, as Facebook's performance has leveled off, its competitors' share of retailer referrals is growing, according to new data released by Adobe.
In Adobe's Q4 2013 Social Media Intelligence Report social media can be seen to driving more traffic to retailers than ever before. Facebook's click-through rates jumped 365% YoY, cost-per-thousand impressions rose 437% YoY and the social network recorded its highest ad-click volume ever.
Meanwhile, Twitter's share of traffic driven to retailers rose 125% YoY and Pinterest's by 89%.
However, while Facebook drove 69% of all traffic to retailers in the final quarter of 2013, that was less than in the same period in the previous year (71%).
"All social is growing, Facebook is just growing slower. The main story is not necessarily that Facebook dropped," says Joe Martin, marketing analytics manager at Adobe's Digital Index. "It's more the surge of the other ones."
While Facebook is still referring more traffic than any other social media site or network, Adobe's report reveals Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of referring revenue in Q4 2013 in the UK. To this end, Adobe forecasts Pinterest will better Facebook's revenue per visit in the U.S. sometime this year.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...