News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More retailers use 'Pin It' than Facebook 'Like' button
New research from social analytics firm 8thBridge reveals that retailers prefer to 'Pin' products than apply Facebook's 'Like' button.
In their analysis of 872 shopping portals during the second half of 2013, 8thBridge found that nearly all (86%) plan to redesign websites to add social shopping features.
"Social Commerce has rapidly changed from ecommerce transactions on social networks to focus on empowering people to discover new product ideas from each other while they shop with the brands they love," says Wade Gerten, CEO of 8thBridge.
"The launching of social discovery and curation solutions this year by some of the world's largest retailers, Toys"R"Us, eBay, Walmart, Target, and Amazon, is a strong indication that on-site social discovery has gone mainstream," added Gerten.
However, the research also found that Facebook is falling out of favor in the wake of Pinterest's popularity. During the study period, more retailers used the Pinterest Pin (62%) than Facebook's equivalent 'Like' (59%).
As if that wasn't bad news enough for Facebook, even users are shunning the social network when engaging with brands. While almost all (99%) of brands involved in the 8thBridge research had a Facebook Page, the influence of those Pages appeared to be falling. Similarly user engagement, in terms of posts and Likes on brand pages, was down 27% on the previous year.
'Pin It' vs. 'Like' - do you have a preference?
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...