News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile devices biggest security risk to companies in 2014
Companies with employees working via mobile while on the move are realizing that mobile is perhaps the biggest security risk to their IT networks, according to a new study by the Ponemon Institute and endpoint management and security firm Lumension.
Three-quarters of IT security professionals say that mobile devices will cause the biggest IT headaches and threats to companies' security this year, up from 9% three years ago.
"We've seen the threat landscape fundamentally change over the last five years," said Dr. Larry Ponemon, commenting on the fifth annual State of the Endpoint study. "Trending data shows increasing concern, year over year, over the explosion of mobile devices on the network. It's now IT's greatest risk. And unfortunately, 46% of our respondents report no efforts are in place to secure them."
The study 676 IT and IT security practitioners with involvement in endpoint security also revealed that 68% said their mobile devices had been a target of malware in the past year, yet nearly half don't manage employee-owned devices.
"According to these knowledgeable respondents, endpoint security risk is more difficult to manage than ever," said Dr. Ponemon. "The reason is the growing number of employees and other insiders using multiple mobile devices in the workplace, followed by the increase in personal devices connected to the network and the growing popularity of public cloud services such as Dropbox."
Image via Shutterstock
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...