News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile devices biggest security risk to companies in 2014
Companies with employees working via mobile while on the move are realizing that mobile is perhaps the biggest security risk to their IT networks, according to a new study by the Ponemon Institute and endpoint management and security firm Lumension.
Three-quarters of IT security professionals say that mobile devices will cause the biggest IT headaches and threats to companies' security this year, up from 9% three years ago.
"We've seen the threat landscape fundamentally change over the last five years," said Dr. Larry Ponemon, commenting on the fifth annual State of the Endpoint study. "Trending data shows increasing concern, year over year, over the explosion of mobile devices on the network. It's now IT's greatest risk. And unfortunately, 46% of our respondents report no efforts are in place to secure them."
The study 676 IT and IT security practitioners with involvement in endpoint security also revealed that 68% said their mobile devices had been a target of malware in the past year, yet nearly half don't manage employee-owned devices.
"According to these knowledgeable respondents, endpoint security risk is more difficult to manage than ever," said Dr. Ponemon. "The reason is the growing number of employees and other insiders using multiple mobile devices in the workplace, followed by the increase in personal devices connected to the network and the growing popularity of public cloud services such as Dropbox."
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...