News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketing strategies not hitting the mark
A new study, released this week, reveals that the vast majority of marketers across the globe still failed to get it right during 2013, and are failing to deliver the quantifiable results that their management expect.
The Fournaise Marketing Group's Global Marketing Effectiveness Programme reveals that 71% of marketers who focused more on new media such as mobile, social and digital to promote their campaigns than they did on Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) performed three times lower, on average, in terms of business results and ROI compared to marketers who focused on CVPs.
"One of the diseases in the marketing industry is that marketers too often forget new media, marketing automation, omni-channel, big data and the likes are only tools used to best deliver, analyze and optimize the messages. Marketers who made these tools the core of their strategies got it wrong in 2013," said Jerome Fontaine, global chief executive officer (CEO) and chief tracker at Fournaise.
The study also found that more marketers spent time and budget on so-called 'game changers' such as big data management, marketing automation and omni-channel executions. However, by focusing less on CVPs, 79% of marketers again failed to delivery the business results their management expected such as more sales, more market share, more sales-ready prospects and/or more conversions.
Fontaine's advice to marketers for 2014 is simple. "If they want to deliver (real) business results, they should remember that everything must start with the right CVPs and the right CVP Architectures - without them, talking about Customer Experience or Engagement (the 2014 buzzwords) is just a (big) waste of time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...