News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketing strategies not hitting the mark
A new study, released this week, reveals that the vast majority of marketers across the globe still failed to get it right during 2013, and are failing to deliver the quantifiable results that their management expect.
The Fournaise Marketing Group's Global Marketing Effectiveness Programme reveals that 71% of marketers who focused more on new media such as mobile, social and digital to promote their campaigns than they did on Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) performed three times lower, on average, in terms of business results and ROI compared to marketers who focused on CVPs.
"One of the diseases in the marketing industry is that marketers too often forget new media, marketing automation, omni-channel, big data and the likes are only tools used to best deliver, analyze and optimize the messages. Marketers who made these tools the core of their strategies got it wrong in 2013," said Jerome Fontaine, global chief executive officer (CEO) and chief tracker at Fournaise.
The study also found that more marketers spent time and budget on so-called 'game changers' such as big data management, marketing automation and omni-channel executions. However, by focusing less on CVPs, 79% of marketers again failed to delivery the business results their management expected such as more sales, more market share, more sales-ready prospects and/or more conversions.
Fontaine's advice to marketers for 2014 is simple. "If they want to deliver (real) business results, they should remember that everything must start with the right CVPs and the right CVP Architectures - without them, talking about Customer Experience or Engagement (the 2014 buzzwords) is just a (big) waste of time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...