News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketing strategies not hitting the mark
A new study, released this week, reveals that the vast majority of marketers across the globe still failed to get it right during 2013, and are failing to deliver the quantifiable results that their management expect.
The Fournaise Marketing Group's Global Marketing Effectiveness Programme reveals that 71% of marketers who focused more on new media such as mobile, social and digital to promote their campaigns than they did on Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) performed three times lower, on average, in terms of business results and ROI compared to marketers who focused on CVPs.
"One of the diseases in the marketing industry is that marketers too often forget new media, marketing automation, omni-channel, big data and the likes are only tools used to best deliver, analyze and optimize the messages. Marketers who made these tools the core of their strategies got it wrong in 2013," said Jerome Fontaine, global chief executive officer (CEO) and chief tracker at Fournaise.
The study also found that more marketers spent time and budget on so-called 'game changers' such as big data management, marketing automation and omni-channel executions. However, by focusing less on CVPs, 79% of marketers again failed to delivery the business results their management expected such as more sales, more market share, more sales-ready prospects and/or more conversions.
Fontaine's advice to marketers for 2014 is simple. "If they want to deliver (real) business results, they should remember that everything must start with the right CVPs and the right CVP Architectures - without them, talking about Customer Experience or Engagement (the 2014 buzzwords) is just a (big) waste of time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...