News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketing strategies not hitting the mark
A new study, released this week, reveals that the vast majority of marketers across the globe still failed to get it right during 2013, and are failing to deliver the quantifiable results that their management expect.
The Fournaise Marketing Group's Global Marketing Effectiveness Programme reveals that 71% of marketers who focused more on new media such as mobile, social and digital to promote their campaigns than they did on Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) performed three times lower, on average, in terms of business results and ROI compared to marketers who focused on CVPs.
"One of the diseases in the marketing industry is that marketers too often forget new media, marketing automation, omni-channel, big data and the likes are only tools used to best deliver, analyze and optimize the messages. Marketers who made these tools the core of their strategies got it wrong in 2013," said Jerome Fontaine, global chief executive officer (CEO) and chief tracker at Fournaise.
The study also found that more marketers spent time and budget on so-called 'game changers' such as big data management, marketing automation and omni-channel executions. However, by focusing less on CVPs, 79% of marketers again failed to delivery the business results their management expected such as more sales, more market share, more sales-ready prospects and/or more conversions.
Fontaine's advice to marketers for 2014 is simple. "If they want to deliver (real) business results, they should remember that everything must start with the right CVPs and the right CVP Architectures - without them, talking about Customer Experience or Engagement (the 2014 buzzwords) is just a (big) waste of time."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...