News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketing strategies not hitting the mark
A new study, released this week, reveals that the vast majority of marketers across the globe still failed to get it right during 2013, and are failing to deliver the quantifiable results that their management expect.
The Fournaise Marketing Group's Global Marketing Effectiveness Programme reveals that 71% of marketers who focused more on new media such as mobile, social and digital to promote their campaigns than they did on Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) performed three times lower, on average, in terms of business results and ROI compared to marketers who focused on CVPs.
"One of the diseases in the marketing industry is that marketers too often forget new media, marketing automation, omni-channel, big data and the likes are only tools used to best deliver, analyze and optimize the messages. Marketers who made these tools the core of their strategies got it wrong in 2013," said Jerome Fontaine, global chief executive officer (CEO) and chief tracker at Fournaise.
The study also found that more marketers spent time and budget on so-called 'game changers' such as big data management, marketing automation and omni-channel executions. However, by focusing less on CVPs, 79% of marketers again failed to delivery the business results their management expected such as more sales, more market share, more sales-ready prospects and/or more conversions.
Fontaine's advice to marketers for 2014 is simple. "If they want to deliver (real) business results, they should remember that everything must start with the right CVPs and the right CVP Architectures - without them, talking about Customer Experience or Engagement (the 2014 buzzwords) is just a (big) waste of time."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...