News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 72% of SMBs are 'flourishing'
2013 turns out to have been a strong year for small businesses according to a new SMB survey from Manta. According to the data 72% of SMBs say their business flourished in 2013 while more than three-quarters (83%) believe 2014 will be even better.
Overall nearly half (40%) of SMBs surveyed said they were happier in 2013 than in 2012; 65% reports their business 'had no impact' on their health last year, according to Manta's data. This is an indicator that more SMBs are leaving business with business - a simpler thing to do when business is going well.
"Our end-of-year survey shows that the small business community had a great 2013, and are evaluating, planning and setting goals to make 2014 even better - both personally and professionally," said Kristy Campbell, director of marketing and communications at Manta, "With almost half of small business owners focusing on amplifying marketing and promotions, we can expect to see more small business owners leveraging techniques that capitalize on their online and offline networks and digital content and distribution strategies."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 36% of SMB owners use exercise to banish stress, 25% used vacations
• 40% say they'll focus 2014 on new promotions/marketing efforts
• 21% want to improve customer service in 2014
• 27% will turn to other SMB owners for advice, 20% will turn to industry experts
• 34% say they will exercise more or maintain a healthier diet
Manta's experts offer this advice for small businesses in 2014, "Align your personal and professional vision. . .Your personal health and professional health impact each other so it is important for you to maintain both with goal setting."
Image via Shutterstock
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...