News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Integral: Ad fraud levels down
Over the past year advertising fraud has gone down, but there may be another worry connected to the Athena botnet. Research into the botnet, which primarily uses Windows-based computers, by Mdotlabs indicates Athena could be easily used to commit advertising fraud.
Timur Yarnall, CEO of MdotLabs said, "Advertisers and publishers should not only take safeguards to protect against this type of activity but also use the Athena release as a chance to learn first-hand how botnets operate."
Meanwhile new data out from Integral Ad Science shows the level of fraud within ad exchanges has decreased over the past year. Their data shows a 30% decrease in 'suspicious' activity from Q4 2012 to Q4 2013 while ad viewability and brand safety have each seen improvement.
"Increased awareness of media quality and the growing adoption of quality standards has a direct effect on the state of the digital media, as visible by this report," said Scott Knoll, CEO of Integral Ad Science. "Now that both advertisers and publishers are taking measures to protect themselves and optimize their media choices, overall quality has improved. We're seeing more ads are in view, and brand safety and suspicious activity problems are being tamed over time. We are proud to lead the industry in this effort and are hard at work to ensure that all players in the digital ecosystem have access to the best-in-breed technology and highest quality media."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 66% of ads placed through direct publishers were 'in view'
• 50% of ads placed through networks were in view, 47% of exchange-placed ads were in view
• Fewer than 10% of ads were flagged for high-risk content
• 13% of traffic in Q4 2013 was flagged as suspicious
Md - http://www.mdotlabs.com
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...