News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to increase engagement on Twitter
In Twitter-land, if you don't ask, you don't get re-Tweeted quite as much, according to new data released in an infographic from Quicksprout.
Asking to be re-Tweeted can increase your re-Tweet rate by as much as four times, so don't be afraid to ask, says Quicksprout in a recent infographic. This, they say, is one of the "unsaid Tweeting rules", the other being that, for every 100 users you Follow, 31 will Follow you back.
These nuggets of information form part of Quicksprout's advice on how to up Twitter engagement by 324% and the tips are rather straightforward and common-sense.
For instance, using images can boost engagement by as much as 200% compared to text-only Tweets, with engagement higher when images are uploaded directly to Twitter rather than via a third-party such as Instagram.
More common-sense advice is to plan Tweets for when your audience is most active which, says Quicksprout's infographic, is at the weekends and during "the peek [sic] Tweeting hours" of 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.
Links in Tweets attract better engagement rates, too, with up to 92% of engagement with a Tweet coming via clicks on links.
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....