News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to increase engagement on Twitter
In Twitter-land, if you don't ask, you don't get re-Tweeted quite as much, according to new data released in an infographic from Quicksprout.
Asking to be re-Tweeted can increase your re-Tweet rate by as much as four times, so don't be afraid to ask, says Quicksprout in a recent infographic. This, they say, is one of the "unsaid Tweeting rules", the other being that, for every 100 users you Follow, 31 will Follow you back.
These nuggets of information form part of Quicksprout's advice on how to up Twitter engagement by 324% and the tips are rather straightforward and common-sense.
For instance, using images can boost engagement by as much as 200% compared to text-only Tweets, with engagement higher when images are uploaded directly to Twitter rather than via a third-party such as Instagram.
More common-sense advice is to plan Tweets for when your audience is most active which, says Quicksprout's infographic, is at the weekends and during "the peek [sic] Tweeting hours" of 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.
Links in Tweets attract better engagement rates, too, with up to 92% of engagement with a Tweet coming via clicks on links.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...