News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to increase engagement on Twitter
In Twitter-land, if you don't ask, you don't get re-Tweeted quite as much, according to new data released in an infographic from Quicksprout.
Asking to be re-Tweeted can increase your re-Tweet rate by as much as four times, so don't be afraid to ask, says Quicksprout in a recent infographic. This, they say, is one of the "unsaid Tweeting rules", the other being that, for every 100 users you Follow, 31 will Follow you back.
These nuggets of information form part of Quicksprout's advice on how to up Twitter engagement by 324% and the tips are rather straightforward and common-sense.
For instance, using images can boost engagement by as much as 200% compared to text-only Tweets, with engagement higher when images are uploaded directly to Twitter rather than via a third-party such as Instagram.
More common-sense advice is to plan Tweets for when your audience is most active which, says Quicksprout's infographic, is at the weekends and during "the peek [sic] Tweeting hours" of 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.
Links in Tweets attract better engagement rates, too, with up to 92% of engagement with a Tweet coming via clicks on links.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...