News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gracenote, YuMe collaborate for ad solution
This week, a new ad targeting solution is releasing to online brands, offering synchronized TV and mobile ads with the intent of optimizing campaigns across screens. Through the collaboration Gracenote will integrate their Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) solution with YuMe's Audience Amplifier platform for video ads.
Gracenote's ACR 'listens' to a few seconds of program dialogue and soundtrack, using those seconds to identify the clip or content piece; when combined within YuMe's SDK, this kind of technology may help to deliver more relevant ads to mobile users, targeting ads and content based on past interactions and interests.
"This collaboration will kick-off a new phase of industry innovation related to second-screen advertising, further enhancing YuMe's ability to target in the household," said Bob Hall, Vice President of Platform & Partnerships at YuMe. "We're pleased to work alongside Gracenote on this effort and look forward to the mobile and TV targeting opportunities that unfold with existing and new advertising clients."
"The technology integration with YuMe is an exciting step forward in the next phase of targeted second screen advertising," said Julie Davenport, Vice President of Business Development at Gracenote. "We believe ACR technology adds a new layer of intelligence to mobile advertising that hasn't been available. With this new offering, advertisers will be able to make smarter media buying decisions, based on the consumers' real-time viewing habits."
The collaboration will allow mobile brands and content providers to more specifically target users based on app content to what viewers watch on TV and mobile screens.
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...