News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gracenote, YuMe collaborate for ad solution
This week, a new ad targeting solution is releasing to online brands, offering synchronized TV and mobile ads with the intent of optimizing campaigns across screens. Through the collaboration Gracenote will integrate their Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) solution with YuMe's Audience Amplifier platform for video ads.
Gracenote's ACR 'listens' to a few seconds of program dialogue and soundtrack, using those seconds to identify the clip or content piece; when combined within YuMe's SDK, this kind of technology may help to deliver more relevant ads to mobile users, targeting ads and content based on past interactions and interests.
"This collaboration will kick-off a new phase of industry innovation related to second-screen advertising, further enhancing YuMe's ability to target in the household," said Bob Hall, Vice President of Platform & Partnerships at YuMe. "We're pleased to work alongside Gracenote on this effort and look forward to the mobile and TV targeting opportunities that unfold with existing and new advertising clients."
"The technology integration with YuMe is an exciting step forward in the next phase of targeted second screen advertising," said Julie Davenport, Vice President of Business Development at Gracenote. "We believe ACR technology adds a new layer of intelligence to mobile advertising that hasn't been available. With this new offering, advertisers will be able to make smarter media buying decisions, based on the consumers' real-time viewing habits."
The collaboration will allow mobile brands and content providers to more specifically target users based on app content to what viewers watch on TV and mobile screens.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...