News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google introduces 'Shared Endorsements' ad feature
While Facebook announces it is scrapping Sponsored Stories, Google reveals the introduction of a similar feature - 'Shared Endorsements'.
Following a change to its terms of service back in November, 2013, Google has introduced a new advertising feature in which users' names and photos may appear.
Called 'Shared Endorsements' the ad unit is similar to the Sponsored Stories format used by Facebook. However, Facebook announced in the last few days that their Sponsored Stories unit will no longer run after April this year.
An announcement on the Google+ help site advises, "To ensure that your recommendations reach the people you care about, Google sometimes displays your reviews, recommendations and other relevant activity throughout its products and services. This sometimes includes shopping contexts, like the Google Play music store, and ads".
Google+ users will automatically be a part of Shared Endorsements but are reassured they can opt out. Furthermore, users under the age of 18 will not be included in the feature.
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...