News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google introduces 'Shared Endorsements' ad feature
While Facebook announces it is scrapping Sponsored Stories, Google reveals the introduction of a similar feature - 'Shared Endorsements'.
Following a change to its terms of service back in November, 2013, Google has introduced a new advertising feature in which users' names and photos may appear.
Called 'Shared Endorsements' the ad unit is similar to the Sponsored Stories format used by Facebook. However, Facebook announced in the last few days that their Sponsored Stories unit will no longer run after April this year.
An announcement on the Google+ help site advises, "To ensure that your recommendations reach the people you care about, Google sometimes displays your reviews, recommendations and other relevant activity throughout its products and services. This sometimes includes shopping contexts, like the Google Play music store, and ads".
Google+ users will automatically be a part of Shared Endorsements but are reassured they can opt out. Furthermore, users under the age of 18 will not be included in the feature.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...