News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google introduces 'Shared Endorsements' ad feature
While Facebook announces it is scrapping Sponsored Stories, Google reveals the introduction of a similar feature - 'Shared Endorsements'.
Following a change to its terms of service back in November, 2013, Google has introduced a new advertising feature in which users' names and photos may appear.
Called 'Shared Endorsements' the ad unit is similar to the Sponsored Stories format used by Facebook. However, Facebook announced in the last few days that their Sponsored Stories unit will no longer run after April this year.
An announcement on the Google+ help site advises, "To ensure that your recommendations reach the people you care about, Google sometimes displays your reviews, recommendations and other relevant activity throughout its products and services. This sometimes includes shopping contexts, like the Google Play music store, and ads".
Google+ users will automatically be a part of Shared Endorsements but are reassured they can opt out. Furthermore, users under the age of 18 will not be included in the feature.
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...