News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google introduces 'Shared Endorsements' ad feature
While Facebook announces it is scrapping Sponsored Stories, Google reveals the introduction of a similar feature - 'Shared Endorsements'.
Following a change to its terms of service back in November, 2013, Google has introduced a new advertising feature in which users' names and photos may appear.
Called 'Shared Endorsements' the ad unit is similar to the Sponsored Stories format used by Facebook. However, Facebook announced in the last few days that their Sponsored Stories unit will no longer run after April this year.
An announcement on the Google+ help site advises, "To ensure that your recommendations reach the people you care about, Google sometimes displays your reviews, recommendations and other relevant activity throughout its products and services. This sometimes includes shopping contexts, like the Google Play music store, and ads".
Google+ users will automatically be a part of Shared Endorsements but are reassured they can opt out. Furthermore, users under the age of 18 will not be included in the feature.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....