News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global rise in per-user social network ad spending
Advertisers in North America are the biggest spenders on social advertising per user in the world, according to new figures released by eMarketer.
North America significantly outpaces all other global regions in per-user social advertising spend with $32.82 predicted to be invested per social network user in 2014. The next-biggest spender, Western Europe, will invest less than half at $13.71 per social user.
In fact, North America has, and will continue, to spend more advertising dollars per social network user from $19.03 in 2012 to a predicted $39.89 in 2015.
Meanwhile, in other regions of the world, investment is also on the rise albeit most per user spends are in single digits. In third place, behind Western Europe, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to spend just $3.60 per user this year, followed by Central and Eastern Europe ($2.21), Latin America ($2.17) and the Middle East and Africa (50 cents).
"Overall, social network ad spending is growing most quickly in the Middle East and Africa, though even in a relatively mature region like North America eMarketer expects solid double-digit growth over the next two years."
eMarketer's figures take into account spending on advertising appearing on social networks including display, search, video and other forms of paid advertising but does not include spending on developing or maintaining a social network presence.
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...