News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global rise in per-user social network ad spending
Advertisers in North America are the biggest spenders on social advertising per user in the world, according to new figures released by eMarketer.
North America significantly outpaces all other global regions in per-user social advertising spend with $32.82 predicted to be invested per social network user in 2014. The next-biggest spender, Western Europe, will invest less than half at $13.71 per social user.
In fact, North America has, and will continue, to spend more advertising dollars per social network user from $19.03 in 2012 to a predicted $39.89 in 2015.
Meanwhile, in other regions of the world, investment is also on the rise albeit most per user spends are in single digits. In third place, behind Western Europe, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to spend just $3.60 per user this year, followed by Central and Eastern Europe ($2.21), Latin America ($2.17) and the Middle East and Africa (50 cents).
"Overall, social network ad spending is growing most quickly in the Middle East and Africa, though even in a relatively mature region like North America eMarketer expects solid double-digit growth over the next two years."
eMarketer's figures take into account spending on advertising appearing on social networks including display, search, video and other forms of paid advertising but does not include spending on developing or maintaining a social network presence.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...