News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global rise in per-user social network ad spending
Advertisers in North America are the biggest spenders on social advertising per user in the world, according to new figures released by eMarketer.
North America significantly outpaces all other global regions in per-user social advertising spend with $32.82 predicted to be invested per social network user in 2014. The next-biggest spender, Western Europe, will invest less than half at $13.71 per social user.
In fact, North America has, and will continue, to spend more advertising dollars per social network user from $19.03 in 2012 to a predicted $39.89 in 2015.
Meanwhile, in other regions of the world, investment is also on the rise albeit most per user spends are in single digits. In third place, behind Western Europe, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to spend just $3.60 per user this year, followed by Central and Eastern Europe ($2.21), Latin America ($2.17) and the Middle East and Africa (50 cents).
"Overall, social network ad spending is growing most quickly in the Middle East and Africa, though even in a relatively mature region like North America eMarketer expects solid double-digit growth over the next two years."
eMarketer's figures take into account spending on advertising appearing on social networks including display, search, video and other forms of paid advertising but does not include spending on developing or maintaining a social network presence.
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...