News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global rise in per-user social network ad spending
Advertisers in North America are the biggest spenders on social advertising per user in the world, according to new figures released by eMarketer.
North America significantly outpaces all other global regions in per-user social advertising spend with $32.82 predicted to be invested per social network user in 2014. The next-biggest spender, Western Europe, will invest less than half at $13.71 per social user.
In fact, North America has, and will continue, to spend more advertising dollars per social network user from $19.03 in 2012 to a predicted $39.89 in 2015.
Meanwhile, in other regions of the world, investment is also on the rise albeit most per user spends are in single digits. In third place, behind Western Europe, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to spend just $3.60 per user this year, followed by Central and Eastern Europe ($2.21), Latin America ($2.17) and the Middle East and Africa (50 cents).
"Overall, social network ad spending is growing most quickly in the Middle East and Africa, though even in a relatively mature region like North America eMarketer expects solid double-digit growth over the next two years."
eMarketer's figures take into account spending on advertising appearing on social networks including display, search, video and other forms of paid advertising but does not include spending on developing or maintaining a social network presence.
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- How to Create a Mobile Device Storefront
It is estimated that 55% of Americans regularly shop online at an average of 15.6 online purchases per year. However,...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Here's why the savvy ones in the business are outsourcing their content right now (and why you should be, too)....