News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee report dubs Amazon "everyone's competitor"
New research published this week by ForeSee reveals that shoppers at Amazon and L.L. Bean were the most satisfied over the festive period whether they shopped online or via mobile.
ForeSee's latest Experience Index (US Retail Edition), based on 67,000 customer surveys, found the overall winners in terms of customer satisfaction during the holidays were Amazon and L.L. Bean. Both scored 90 on the 100-point scale, with 80 and above classed as 'excellence', ahead of Apple and Publix.
The vast majority of respondents to ForeSee's survey (87%) said they were satisfied with both the price and content of Amazon's website, as well as functionality, and 90% would happily recommend the retailer to other shoppers. The survey also revealed that 66% of visitors to Amazon with the intent to buy something, and 27% to research.
"Since day one, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has focused on the customer experience. It obviously has paid off," says ForeSee's report. "And the simple truth of the matter is: Amazon is good at everything they do from the customer experience standpoint."
Amazon also dominated in the mobile stakes with a top score of 87, up two points on their 2012 score. Almost 4 in 10 consumers that visited Amazon via mobile did so with the intent to purchase, up from 36% in 2012, and 48% of mobile visitors were researching products.
The survey recommends that companies that consider Amazon a competitor must ensure their mobile offering is "as good as it can be" and those that don't consider Amazon a competitor should wake up to the fact that soon the retailer will be "everyone's competitor" (page 49 of the 61 page report).
Image via Shutterstock
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...