News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee report dubs Amazon "everyone's competitor"
New research published this week by ForeSee reveals that shoppers at Amazon and L.L. Bean were the most satisfied over the festive period whether they shopped online or via mobile.
ForeSee's latest Experience Index (US Retail Edition), based on 67,000 customer surveys, found the overall winners in terms of customer satisfaction during the holidays were Amazon and L.L. Bean. Both scored 90 on the 100-point scale, with 80 and above classed as 'excellence', ahead of Apple and Publix.
The vast majority of respondents to ForeSee's survey (87%) said they were satisfied with both the price and content of Amazon's website, as well as functionality, and 90% would happily recommend the retailer to other shoppers. The survey also revealed that 66% of visitors to Amazon with the intent to buy something, and 27% to research.
"Since day one, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has focused on the customer experience. It obviously has paid off," says ForeSee's report. "And the simple truth of the matter is: Amazon is good at everything they do from the customer experience standpoint."
Amazon also dominated in the mobile stakes with a top score of 87, up two points on their 2012 score. Almost 4 in 10 consumers that visited Amazon via mobile did so with the intent to purchase, up from 36% in 2012, and 48% of mobile visitors were researching products.
The survey recommends that companies that consider Amazon a competitor must ensure their mobile offering is "as good as it can be" and those that don't consider Amazon a competitor should wake up to the fact that soon the retailer will be "everyone's competitor" (page 49 of the 61 page report).
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...