News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee report dubs Amazon "everyone's competitor"
New research published this week by ForeSee reveals that shoppers at Amazon and L.L. Bean were the most satisfied over the festive period whether they shopped online or via mobile.
ForeSee's latest Experience Index (US Retail Edition), based on 67,000 customer surveys, found the overall winners in terms of customer satisfaction during the holidays were Amazon and L.L. Bean. Both scored 90 on the 100-point scale, with 80 and above classed as 'excellence', ahead of Apple and Publix.
The vast majority of respondents to ForeSee's survey (87%) said they were satisfied with both the price and content of Amazon's website, as well as functionality, and 90% would happily recommend the retailer to other shoppers. The survey also revealed that 66% of visitors to Amazon with the intent to buy something, and 27% to research.
"Since day one, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has focused on the customer experience. It obviously has paid off," says ForeSee's report. "And the simple truth of the matter is: Amazon is good at everything they do from the customer experience standpoint."
Amazon also dominated in the mobile stakes with a top score of 87, up two points on their 2012 score. Almost 4 in 10 consumers that visited Amazon via mobile did so with the intent to purchase, up from 36% in 2012, and 48% of mobile visitors were researching products.
The survey recommends that companies that consider Amazon a competitor must ensure their mobile offering is "as good as it can be" and those that don't consider Amazon a competitor should wake up to the fact that soon the retailer will be "everyone's competitor" (page 49 of the 61 page report).
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...