News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee report dubs Amazon "everyone's competitor"
New research published this week by ForeSee reveals that shoppers at Amazon and L.L. Bean were the most satisfied over the festive period whether they shopped online or via mobile.
ForeSee's latest Experience Index (US Retail Edition), based on 67,000 customer surveys, found the overall winners in terms of customer satisfaction during the holidays were Amazon and L.L. Bean. Both scored 90 on the 100-point scale, with 80 and above classed as 'excellence', ahead of Apple and Publix.
The vast majority of respondents to ForeSee's survey (87%) said they were satisfied with both the price and content of Amazon's website, as well as functionality, and 90% would happily recommend the retailer to other shoppers. The survey also revealed that 66% of visitors to Amazon with the intent to buy something, and 27% to research.
"Since day one, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has focused on the customer experience. It obviously has paid off," says ForeSee's report. "And the simple truth of the matter is: Amazon is good at everything they do from the customer experience standpoint."
Amazon also dominated in the mobile stakes with a top score of 87, up two points on their 2012 score. Almost 4 in 10 consumers that visited Amazon via mobile did so with the intent to purchase, up from 36% in 2012, and 48% of mobile visitors were researching products.
The survey recommends that companies that consider Amazon a competitor must ensure their mobile offering is "as good as it can be" and those that don't consider Amazon a competitor should wake up to the fact that soon the retailer will be "everyone's competitor" (page 49 of the 61 page report).
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...