News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: SMBs to up social media ad spend in 2014
Ad-ology Research has released a new report that reveals the majority of SMBs plan to spend more of their budgets on social media advertising in the coming year.
According to Ad-ology Research's latest Small Business Marketing Forecast, a quarter of SMBs already active on social media expect to up their spend to advertise on sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn during 2014.
Furthermore, many (80%) SMBs active in social media plan on spending the same, or more, on social marketing this year. While 41% of SMBs do not currently use promoted posts or sponsored Tweets almost 14% plan to spend more on these platforms this year.
According to C. Lee Smith, president and CEO of Ad-ology Research, small businesses (those with at least 25 employees) aren't using social media to avoid the costs of advertising. Indeed, these firms are among those most likely to advertise on social networks.
Email marketing continues to be the mainstay of SMBs marketing efforts. Over three-quarters (78%) of the 1,169 U.S. small business owners and marketing decision makers surveyed by Ad-ology Research sent 'email blasts' in 2013 and 20% plan to send even more in 2014.
The Ad-ology Research report also found that 31.1% of SMBs are still without a website. Of those that do have a website, more than 60% are not optimized for mobile. Furthermore, just 8.9% of SMBs are currently using online or mobile video and 40% have no plans to incorporate customer testimonials to bolster marketing efforts in 2014.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...