News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experts: Look for marketing changes in 2014
Retailers are always updating strategy when it comes to online marketing. But two experts believe there will be more to marketing and marketing analysis in 2014 than ever before. Those changes may change entire strategies for the year.
Intent, believes one expert, will become the key for many brands in 2014.
"The future of the cookie is in danger as browser and platform providers move away from cookies in favor of platform-specific audience identity codes. Additionally, marketers and content owners are losing access to keyword referral data in their standard analytics. In 2014, marketers will be looking for ways to fill the gaps and better understand consumer intent," said Dennis Clerke, President of Monetization, NetSeer.
And, look for traditional SEO to disappear, making way for more holistic search marketing options.
"As we experienced in 2013, Google is constantly updating its algorithm in an effort to serve the best, most relevant content to its users. This means that traditional SEO tactics are falling by the wayside, and an increased push toward quality, unique content, along with social media signals, will be of huge importance in 2014. To help stay ahead of the SEO curve, small retailers should focus less on "traditional" SEO tenets like keyword usage and density, and instead aim efforts towards creating content that is tailored and useful for their target audience - more lifestyle-oriented content, in the form of blog posts, videos, and other types of media that encourage sharing by readers," said Matt Winn, Marketing Communications Manager, Volusion.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...