News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experts: Look for marketing changes in 2014
Retailers are always updating strategy when it comes to online marketing. But two experts believe there will be more to marketing and marketing analysis in 2014 than ever before. Those changes may change entire strategies for the year.
Intent, believes one expert, will become the key for many brands in 2014.
"The future of the cookie is in danger as browser and platform providers move away from cookies in favor of platform-specific audience identity codes. Additionally, marketers and content owners are losing access to keyword referral data in their standard analytics. In 2014, marketers will be looking for ways to fill the gaps and better understand consumer intent," said Dennis Clerke, President of Monetization, NetSeer.
And, look for traditional SEO to disappear, making way for more holistic search marketing options.
"As we experienced in 2013, Google is constantly updating its algorithm in an effort to serve the best, most relevant content to its users. This means that traditional SEO tactics are falling by the wayside, and an increased push toward quality, unique content, along with social media signals, will be of huge importance in 2014. To help stay ahead of the SEO curve, small retailers should focus less on "traditional" SEO tenets like keyword usage and density, and instead aim efforts towards creating content that is tailored and useful for their target audience - more lifestyle-oriented content, in the form of blog posts, videos, and other types of media that encourage sharing by readers," said Matt Winn, Marketing Communications Manager, Volusion.
Image via Shutterstock
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...