News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experts: Look for marketing changes in 2014
Retailers are always updating strategy when it comes to online marketing. But two experts believe there will be more to marketing and marketing analysis in 2014 than ever before. Those changes may change entire strategies for the year.
Intent, believes one expert, will become the key for many brands in 2014.
"The future of the cookie is in danger as browser and platform providers move away from cookies in favor of platform-specific audience identity codes. Additionally, marketers and content owners are losing access to keyword referral data in their standard analytics. In 2014, marketers will be looking for ways to fill the gaps and better understand consumer intent," said Dennis Clerke, President of Monetization, NetSeer.
And, look for traditional SEO to disappear, making way for more holistic search marketing options.
"As we experienced in 2013, Google is constantly updating its algorithm in an effort to serve the best, most relevant content to its users. This means that traditional SEO tactics are falling by the wayside, and an increased push toward quality, unique content, along with social media signals, will be of huge importance in 2014. To help stay ahead of the SEO curve, small retailers should focus less on "traditional" SEO tenets like keyword usage and density, and instead aim efforts towards creating content that is tailored and useful for their target audience - more lifestyle-oriented content, in the form of blog posts, videos, and other types of media that encourage sharing by readers," said Matt Winn, Marketing Communications Manager, Volusion.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....