News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Euclid: Shoppers more engaged in stores
New data out from Euclid shows a strong ending to the 2013 holiday season - and the year in general. Their stats show a traffic increase of 9% YoY, with a 4% increase in December alone. The hottest day for December was Super Saturday as shoppers wrapped up final purchases; the worst shopping day was December 2, in the lull from Black Friday.
"We are maintaining our expectation that final holiday sales will increase compared to last year. Overall traffic was more robust than expected, rising year-over-year despite the shortened holiday period as attractive in-store deals drew shoppers out of their homes. However, traffic was very volatile week to week, driven by inconsistent weather and periods of particularly heavy promotions. Window conversion increased compared to last year as each trip to the mall became more focused," writes the company.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Active repeat shoppers were down 50 base points from 2012 - Active Repeats are shoppers who frequent a store more than once per month
• Visits lasted an average of 22 minutes (December 2013), down a little from 2012
• The longest visit duration average was recorded in August 2013
• Shopper bounce rates reached 10%
"The percentage of shoppers who entered a store but left within five minutes ("bounce rate") was 10.3% in December 2013, up from 9.9% in December 2012, but an improvement from the year's high of 11.7% last month. Shoppers began to show signs of increased interest in browsing through merchandise with the plethora of store-wide deals at brick-and-mortar retailers, especially during the days after Christmas," writes Euclid.
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...