News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ecommerce Roundup: Payment processing, shopper engagement up
New data out from two commerce platforms this week may push etailers' expectations for 2014 higher than ever. Pikato and Adyen are reporting higher mobile commerce rates.
First, Pikato has launched a mobile solution that, in early tests with Sears and Kmart, saw mobile redemption rates skyrocket by 1000%. Pikato's retail mobile solution creates a personalized mobile shopping experience which is shown to increase shopper engagement. Pikato uses real-time shopper feedback, hyperlocal and transaction data to deliver relevant, timely messages to shoppers.
"Campaigns running on the Pikato platform are designed to allow companies to deliver personalized and targeted mobile offers and content directly to their customers," said Jesus Sanchez, CEO of Pikato. "Pikato provides the easiest and cost-effective way of increasing redemption and mobile engagement. Sears and Kmart, with over 2,400 locations, have already seen the tremendous benefits of partnering with Pikato and we know that other companies can potentially see similar, or even greater, results."
As for the strength of ecommerce, new data from Adyen should put a smile on many etailers' faces. According to company data they processed $14 billion online payments in 2013, a 40% YoY growth cycle. The company also notes 85% growth in mobile payments for 2013.
"Adyen's incredible success is the direct result of our singular focus on helping merchants exceed their payments goals - whether by helping them penetrate new markets, expand into new sales channels, increase conversion rates, optimize their payments operations or protect their customer data," said Pieter van der Does, CEO of Adyen. "Our unified, omni-channel payments platform, card acquiring capabilities, extensive global reach and constant innovation will continue to fuel Adyen's growth in 2014 - especially in key markets such as North America."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...