News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ecommerce Roundup: Payment processing, shopper engagement up
New data out from two commerce platforms this week may push etailers' expectations for 2014 higher than ever. Pikato and Adyen are reporting higher mobile commerce rates.
First, Pikato has launched a mobile solution that, in early tests with Sears and Kmart, saw mobile redemption rates skyrocket by 1000%. Pikato's retail mobile solution creates a personalized mobile shopping experience which is shown to increase shopper engagement. Pikato uses real-time shopper feedback, hyperlocal and transaction data to deliver relevant, timely messages to shoppers.
"Campaigns running on the Pikato platform are designed to allow companies to deliver personalized and targeted mobile offers and content directly to their customers," said Jesus Sanchez, CEO of Pikato. "Pikato provides the easiest and cost-effective way of increasing redemption and mobile engagement. Sears and Kmart, with over 2,400 locations, have already seen the tremendous benefits of partnering with Pikato and we know that other companies can potentially see similar, or even greater, results."
As for the strength of ecommerce, new data from Adyen should put a smile on many etailers' faces. According to company data they processed $14 billion online payments in 2013, a 40% YoY growth cycle. The company also notes 85% growth in mobile payments for 2013.
"Adyen's incredible success is the direct result of our singular focus on helping merchants exceed their payments goals - whether by helping them penetrate new markets, expand into new sales channels, increase conversion rates, optimize their payments operations or protect their customer data," said Pieter van der Does, CEO of Adyen. "Our unified, omni-channel payments platform, card acquiring capabilities, extensive global reach and constant innovation will continue to fuel Adyen's growth in 2014 - especially in key markets such as North America."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...