News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's mobile business achieves new heights
Domino's Pizza in the UK has reported an "outstanding last quarter of like-for-like sales growth" and "robust" growth in their Republic of Ireland stores for the three months to the end of 2013, mainly thanks to growing online and mobile business.
The UK's biggest pizza delivery firm now has 777 stores and has recently been opening new stores at a rate of 9 per month. To the end of December, 2013, total sales were up almost 16% to just over £170 million. Domino's now has 26% of the UK pizza market ahead of more established chains such as Pizza Hut (25%).
The impact of online sales is significant and now account for two-thirds (65.5%) of UK delivered sales, up 15.7% on the same period in the previous year.
Mobile is also playing a major role in Domino's UK success. Mobile orders accounted for 30.9% of the pizza chain's online sales in 2013 up from 19.7% in 2012. In the final quarter of 2013, mobile sales rose a whopping 91% YoY.
Domino's mobile strategy includes apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices and their online presence has been strong since 1999 along with a good grasp of social media marketing.
Domino's is always on the look-out for ways to connect with consumers via mobile and has recently announced a partnership with Ford. Using Ford's in-car communication system, SYNC AppLink, hungry motorists will be able to order food from behind the wheel.
Before placing pizza orders, consumers will have to set their profile, including their favorite toppings, crusts and other selections on Domino's mobile app, as well as the Ford Sync system using voice commands.
A bit closer to my home here in New Zealand, a Domino's employee recently proved pizza can be delivered just about anywhere - even via bungy to a jet boat - to celebrate the opening of the 600th Australasian store.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...