News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's mobile business achieves new heights
Domino's Pizza in the UK has reported an "outstanding last quarter of like-for-like sales growth" and "robust" growth in their Republic of Ireland stores for the three months to the end of 2013, mainly thanks to growing online and mobile business.
The UK's biggest pizza delivery firm now has 777 stores and has recently been opening new stores at a rate of 9 per month. To the end of December, 2013, total sales were up almost 16% to just over £170 million. Domino's now has 26% of the UK pizza market ahead of more established chains such as Pizza Hut (25%).
The impact of online sales is significant and now account for two-thirds (65.5%) of UK delivered sales, up 15.7% on the same period in the previous year.
Mobile is also playing a major role in Domino's UK success. Mobile orders accounted for 30.9% of the pizza chain's online sales in 2013 up from 19.7% in 2012. In the final quarter of 2013, mobile sales rose a whopping 91% YoY.
Domino's mobile strategy includes apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices and their online presence has been strong since 1999 along with a good grasp of social media marketing.
Domino's is always on the look-out for ways to connect with consumers via mobile and has recently announced a partnership with Ford. Using Ford's in-car communication system, SYNC AppLink, hungry motorists will be able to order food from behind the wheel.
Before placing pizza orders, consumers will have to set their profile, including their favorite toppings, crusts and other selections on Domino's mobile app, as well as the Ford Sync system using voice commands.
A bit closer to my home here in New Zealand, a Domino's employee recently proved pizza can be delivered just about anywhere - even via bungy to a jet boat - to celebrate the opening of the 600th Australasian store.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...