News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's mobile business achieves new heights
Domino's Pizza in the UK has reported an "outstanding last quarter of like-for-like sales growth" and "robust" growth in their Republic of Ireland stores for the three months to the end of 2013, mainly thanks to growing online and mobile business.
The UK's biggest pizza delivery firm now has 777 stores and has recently been opening new stores at a rate of 9 per month. To the end of December, 2013, total sales were up almost 16% to just over £170 million. Domino's now has 26% of the UK pizza market ahead of more established chains such as Pizza Hut (25%).
The impact of online sales is significant and now account for two-thirds (65.5%) of UK delivered sales, up 15.7% on the same period in the previous year.
Mobile is also playing a major role in Domino's UK success. Mobile orders accounted for 30.9% of the pizza chain's online sales in 2013 up from 19.7% in 2012. In the final quarter of 2013, mobile sales rose a whopping 91% YoY.
Domino's mobile strategy includes apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices and their online presence has been strong since 1999 along with a good grasp of social media marketing.
Domino's is always on the look-out for ways to connect with consumers via mobile and has recently announced a partnership with Ford. Using Ford's in-car communication system, SYNC AppLink, hungry motorists will be able to order food from behind the wheel.
Before placing pizza orders, consumers will have to set their profile, including their favorite toppings, crusts and other selections on Domino's mobile app, as well as the Ford Sync system using voice commands.
A bit closer to my home here in New Zealand, a Domino's employee recently proved pizza can be delivered just about anywhere - even via bungy to a jet boat - to celebrate the opening of the 600th Australasian store.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...