News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's mobile business achieves new heights
Domino's Pizza in the UK has reported an "outstanding last quarter of like-for-like sales growth" and "robust" growth in their Republic of Ireland stores for the three months to the end of 2013, mainly thanks to growing online and mobile business.
The UK's biggest pizza delivery firm now has 777 stores and has recently been opening new stores at a rate of 9 per month. To the end of December, 2013, total sales were up almost 16% to just over £170 million. Domino's now has 26% of the UK pizza market ahead of more established chains such as Pizza Hut (25%).
The impact of online sales is significant and now account for two-thirds (65.5%) of UK delivered sales, up 15.7% on the same period in the previous year.
Mobile is also playing a major role in Domino's UK success. Mobile orders accounted for 30.9% of the pizza chain's online sales in 2013 up from 19.7% in 2012. In the final quarter of 2013, mobile sales rose a whopping 91% YoY.
Domino's mobile strategy includes apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices and their online presence has been strong since 1999 along with a good grasp of social media marketing.
Domino's is always on the look-out for ways to connect with consumers via mobile and has recently announced a partnership with Ford. Using Ford's in-car communication system, SYNC AppLink, hungry motorists will be able to order food from behind the wheel.
Before placing pizza orders, consumers will have to set their profile, including their favorite toppings, crusts and other selections on Domino's mobile app, as well as the Ford Sync system using voice commands.
A bit closer to my home here in New Zealand, a Domino's employee recently proved pizza can be delivered just about anywhere - even via bungy to a jet boat - to celebrate the opening of the 600th Australasian store.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...