News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's mobile business achieves new heights
Domino's Pizza in the UK has reported an "outstanding last quarter of like-for-like sales growth" and "robust" growth in their Republic of Ireland stores for the three months to the end of 2013, mainly thanks to growing online and mobile business.
The UK's biggest pizza delivery firm now has 777 stores and has recently been opening new stores at a rate of 9 per month. To the end of December, 2013, total sales were up almost 16% to just over £170 million. Domino's now has 26% of the UK pizza market ahead of more established chains such as Pizza Hut (25%).
The impact of online sales is significant and now account for two-thirds (65.5%) of UK delivered sales, up 15.7% on the same period in the previous year.
Mobile is also playing a major role in Domino's UK success. Mobile orders accounted for 30.9% of the pizza chain's online sales in 2013 up from 19.7% in 2012. In the final quarter of 2013, mobile sales rose a whopping 91% YoY.
Domino's mobile strategy includes apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices and their online presence has been strong since 1999 along with a good grasp of social media marketing.
Domino's is always on the look-out for ways to connect with consumers via mobile and has recently announced a partnership with Ford. Using Ford's in-car communication system, SYNC AppLink, hungry motorists will be able to order food from behind the wheel.
Before placing pizza orders, consumers will have to set their profile, including their favorite toppings, crusts and other selections on Domino's mobile app, as well as the Ford Sync system using voice commands.
A bit closer to my home here in New Zealand, a Domino's employee recently proved pizza can be delivered just about anywhere - even via bungy to a jet boat - to celebrate the opening of the 600th Australasian store.
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...