News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DemandBase: Financials, Manufacturing leading B2B verticals
B2B brands are getting lift from three specific verticals: financial services, manufacturing and software/technology. That according to new data out from Demandbase which shows B2B clients on their platform are innovating and looking outside their traditional marketing options.
B2B brands are benefitting from the increased spend, according to the report, because of the ability to hyper-target ads and increase personalization.
"All advertisers, whether targeting businesses or consumers, have increasing pressure to demonstrate the ROI around every marketing dollar spent. But, it's not uncommon to see only 10-15 percent of the traffic to a B2B web property from a target audience," said Chris Golec, founder and CEO of Demandbase. "New advances in audience identification, targeting, real-time bidding (RTB) and personalization have enabled B2B companies to laser target and engage their customers with customized messages across the web and through to their corporate web site effectively eliminating the waste that existed in B2B advertising."
The report notes that hyper-segmentation helped push Demandbase clients to 27% higher engagement lift.
"Across all industries, marketers became more sophisticated in identifying and targeting existing customers online. The three most common attributes used to segment and target audiences included: 1) industry, 2) revenue, and/or 3) a specific list of businesses from the customer's first-party CRM data. By using data to laser target companies throughout their purchase cycles, Demandbase customers saw a 27 percent average engagement lift of target accounts on their websites," writes the company.
Other interesting findings include:
• Financial Services vertical increased 144%
• Manufacturing vertical clients focused on industry-based targets (91%)
• Software/Tech vertical saw 57% focus on customer lifecycle
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...