News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Deloitte: Tablets popular among older mobile users
If you were asked which age group was the fast-growing adopter of tablet devices this year, would you have guessed it to be the older generation?
According to new research from Deloitte, reported by eMarketer, tablets are no longer simply for early adopters. Instead, they are now "into the hands of older mobile adults across mature markets".
Deloitte's research, conducted during the Summer of 2013, found that tablet ownership among those age 55 and over wasn't far off the overall ownership percentage.
In fact, in Singapore, more people age 55+ own a tablet than the overall average - 57% vs. 53%. In other countries, such as Finland, Japan and South Korea, tablet ownership among those age 55 and over is "at or almost at parity", as the table below, from eMarketer, illustrates.
However, just because ownership among older age groups is growing, this isn't necessarily a sign that the age group is also increasing in its tech-savvy. Deloitte's data shows that over-55's are more likely than younger users to have never downloaded an app.
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...