News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Deloitte: Tablets popular among older mobile users
If you were asked which age group was the fast-growing adopter of tablet devices this year, would you have guessed it to be the older generation?
According to new research from Deloitte, reported by eMarketer, tablets are no longer simply for early adopters. Instead, they are now "into the hands of older mobile adults across mature markets".
Deloitte's research, conducted during the Summer of 2013, found that tablet ownership among those age 55 and over wasn't far off the overall ownership percentage.
In fact, in Singapore, more people age 55+ own a tablet than the overall average - 57% vs. 53%. In other countries, such as Finland, Japan and South Korea, tablet ownership among those age 55 and over is "at or almost at parity", as the table below, from eMarketer, illustrates.
However, just because ownership among older age groups is growing, this isn't necessarily a sign that the age group is also increasing in its tech-savvy. Deloitte's data shows that over-55's are more likely than younger users to have never downloaded an app.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....