News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Deloitte: Tablets popular among older mobile users
If you were asked which age group was the fast-growing adopter of tablet devices this year, would you have guessed it to be the older generation?
According to new research from Deloitte, reported by eMarketer, tablets are no longer simply for early adopters. Instead, they are now "into the hands of older mobile adults across mature markets".
Deloitte's research, conducted during the Summer of 2013, found that tablet ownership among those age 55 and over wasn't far off the overall ownership percentage.
In fact, in Singapore, more people age 55+ own a tablet than the overall average - 57% vs. 53%. In other countries, such as Finland, Japan and South Korea, tablet ownership among those age 55 and over is "at or almost at parity", as the table below, from eMarketer, illustrates.
However, just because ownership among older age groups is growing, this isn't necessarily a sign that the age group is also increasing in its tech-savvy. Deloitte's data shows that over-55's are more likely than younger users to have never downloaded an app.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...