News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search strong for 2013
On a global scale, businesses are still turning to search for customer engagement. That according to new data out from Covario which indicates retail, consumer electronics and global technology search spending increased 13% from Q3 to Q4 2013 and 7% overall YoY. Mobile was one area in which brands pushed more search dollars.
The Covario report also indicates Q4 keyword pricing fell compared to Q3 while the average CPCs increased about 10% (YoY).
"CPC pricing has been fluctuating over the past few quarters, something not surprising after the platform overhaul that Google AdWords went through at the midway point of 2013," said Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario. "On the flipside ad effectiveness has been a major theme in the region and we saw a 60 percent improvement in click-through rates (CTRs) compared to a year ago."
Here's how the spend breaks down by region:
• Q4 search spending in North and South America increased 17% QtoQ and 9% YoY
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) spending decreased 1% (QtoQ) and 8% YoY
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 5% (QtoQ) and 21% YoY
In the EMEA area most of the search spend was pushed through Google (91%); Russian-based Yandex saw strong growth, however, to reach 7% of the EMEA search spend. In the Asia/Pacific region China-based Baidu holds about 20% of the Q4 search budget, Google holds 75%.
Heading in to the 2014 year, Funk suggests:
• PPC increases of 14% will be seen, especially in the Latin American countries
• Americas-based brands should allocate 80% of budgets to Google and 18% to Yahoo/Bing
• In the Asia/Pacific, brands should push budgets 80% to Google and 20% to Yahoo
• Chinese Markets should push 85% of their budgets into Baidu and 50% of South Korean budgets should go to Naver
Image via Shutterstock
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...