News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search strong for 2013
On a global scale, businesses are still turning to search for customer engagement. That according to new data out from Covario which indicates retail, consumer electronics and global technology search spending increased 13% from Q3 to Q4 2013 and 7% overall YoY. Mobile was one area in which brands pushed more search dollars.
The Covario report also indicates Q4 keyword pricing fell compared to Q3 while the average CPCs increased about 10% (YoY).
"CPC pricing has been fluctuating over the past few quarters, something not surprising after the platform overhaul that Google AdWords went through at the midway point of 2013," said Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario. "On the flipside ad effectiveness has been a major theme in the region and we saw a 60 percent improvement in click-through rates (CTRs) compared to a year ago."
Here's how the spend breaks down by region:
• Q4 search spending in North and South America increased 17% QtoQ and 9% YoY
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) spending decreased 1% (QtoQ) and 8% YoY
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 5% (QtoQ) and 21% YoY
In the EMEA area most of the search spend was pushed through Google (91%); Russian-based Yandex saw strong growth, however, to reach 7% of the EMEA search spend. In the Asia/Pacific region China-based Baidu holds about 20% of the Q4 search budget, Google holds 75%.
Heading in to the 2014 year, Funk suggests:
• PPC increases of 14% will be seen, especially in the Latin American countries
• Americas-based brands should allocate 80% of budgets to Google and 18% to Yahoo/Bing
• In the Asia/Pacific, brands should push budgets 80% to Google and 20% to Yahoo
• Chinese Markets should push 85% of their budgets into Baidu and 50% of South Korean budgets should go to Naver
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...