News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search strong for 2013
On a global scale, businesses are still turning to search for customer engagement. That according to new data out from Covario which indicates retail, consumer electronics and global technology search spending increased 13% from Q3 to Q4 2013 and 7% overall YoY. Mobile was one area in which brands pushed more search dollars.
The Covario report also indicates Q4 keyword pricing fell compared to Q3 while the average CPCs increased about 10% (YoY).
"CPC pricing has been fluctuating over the past few quarters, something not surprising after the platform overhaul that Google AdWords went through at the midway point of 2013," said Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario. "On the flipside ad effectiveness has been a major theme in the region and we saw a 60 percent improvement in click-through rates (CTRs) compared to a year ago."
Here's how the spend breaks down by region:
• Q4 search spending in North and South America increased 17% QtoQ and 9% YoY
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) spending decreased 1% (QtoQ) and 8% YoY
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 5% (QtoQ) and 21% YoY
In the EMEA area most of the search spend was pushed through Google (91%); Russian-based Yandex saw strong growth, however, to reach 7% of the EMEA search spend. In the Asia/Pacific region China-based Baidu holds about 20% of the Q4 search budget, Google holds 75%.
Heading in to the 2014 year, Funk suggests:
• PPC increases of 14% will be seen, especially in the Latin American countries
• Americas-based brands should allocate 80% of budgets to Google and 18% to Yahoo/Bing
• In the Asia/Pacific, brands should push budgets 80% to Google and 20% to Yahoo
• Chinese Markets should push 85% of their budgets into Baidu and 50% of South Korean budgets should go to Naver
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...