News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers prefer tablets for leisure travel research
While tablet owners also have a smartphone to hand, most will turn to the bigger screen to plan and book travel requirements, according to new research from industry research firm PhoCusWright.
"There's a new mobile disruptor in town", states PhoCusWright, and it is the tablet. In the latest Traveler Technology Survey it is revealed that 44% of leisure travelers now own a tablet and a further 4 in 10 plan to purchase one this year.
That travel planning is mostly carried out on desktop PCs is true for the time being, as the number of U.S. travelers armed with tablets continues to grow that fact may soon be outdated. Seven in ten tablet users say researching vacations online is 'somewhat' or 'very' easy and, despite also having a smartphone, mobile travel planning is more likely to be conducted on a tablet.
"Tablets are having an impact on travel planning habits that goes far beyond simply adding one more device to the mix," said Marcello Gasdia, PhoCusWright's consumer research analyst. "Once a traveler purchases a tablet, we're seeing their mobile web usage nearly double, with the mobile web accounting for fifty percent of time spent online."
A recent survey by travel industry event Travel Technology Europe found that 83% of travel technology firms expect to spend more on new technology this year of which 72% of that increased spend will be on mobile technology.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....