News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers prefer tablets for leisure travel research
While tablet owners also have a smartphone to hand, most will turn to the bigger screen to plan and book travel requirements, according to new research from industry research firm PhoCusWright.
"There's a new mobile disruptor in town", states PhoCusWright, and it is the tablet. In the latest Traveler Technology Survey it is revealed that 44% of leisure travelers now own a tablet and a further 4 in 10 plan to purchase one this year.
That travel planning is mostly carried out on desktop PCs is true for the time being, as the number of U.S. travelers armed with tablets continues to grow that fact may soon be outdated. Seven in ten tablet users say researching vacations online is 'somewhat' or 'very' easy and, despite also having a smartphone, mobile travel planning is more likely to be conducted on a tablet.
"Tablets are having an impact on travel planning habits that goes far beyond simply adding one more device to the mix," said Marcello Gasdia, PhoCusWright's consumer research analyst. "Once a traveler purchases a tablet, we're seeing their mobile web usage nearly double, with the mobile web accounting for fifty percent of time spent online."
A recent survey by travel industry event Travel Technology Europe found that 83% of travel technology firms expect to spend more on new technology this year of which 72% of that increased spend will be on mobile technology.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...