News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers prefer tablets for leisure travel research
While tablet owners also have a smartphone to hand, most will turn to the bigger screen to plan and book travel requirements, according to new research from industry research firm PhoCusWright.
"There's a new mobile disruptor in town", states PhoCusWright, and it is the tablet. In the latest Traveler Technology Survey it is revealed that 44% of leisure travelers now own a tablet and a further 4 in 10 plan to purchase one this year.
That travel planning is mostly carried out on desktop PCs is true for the time being, as the number of U.S. travelers armed with tablets continues to grow that fact may soon be outdated. Seven in ten tablet users say researching vacations online is 'somewhat' or 'very' easy and, despite also having a smartphone, mobile travel planning is more likely to be conducted on a tablet.
"Tablets are having an impact on travel planning habits that goes far beyond simply adding one more device to the mix," said Marcello Gasdia, PhoCusWright's consumer research analyst. "Once a traveler purchases a tablet, we're seeing their mobile web usage nearly double, with the mobile web accounting for fifty percent of time spent online."
A recent survey by travel industry event Travel Technology Europe found that 83% of travel technology firms expect to spend more on new technology this year of which 72% of that increased spend will be on mobile technology.
"Interestingly, not only is the travel technology world gearing up for the year of mobile, it is planning the relevant investments to deliver what is expected to be a real step change," said Travel Technology Europe event manager, Sarina Patel.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...