News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers express Google Glass price, privacy and safety concerns
At an estimated $600 a pair, Google Glass goes on sale to the public later this year. But will consumers feel confident enough to go out in public wearing them? UK-based discount voucher website LoveMyVouchers.co.uk asked their subscribers for their thoughts.
Around 10,000 'explorers' have so far donned Google Glass but, in April this year, the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology. But with a relatively hefty price tag, how many are prepared to purchase and parade in public with Google Glass?
According to LoveMyVouchers.co.uk, of the 1,132 of their subscribers surveyed, more than half (51%) are aware that the wearable tech goes on sale later this year. However, how many will actually buy a pair remains to be seen; 53% believe the price is too high and 61% said they don't need any more gadgets.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
Privacy is also a consideration with 71% citing concern for such activities as being filmed without their permission.
Finally, the voucher website asked subscribers whether there were safety issues associated with wearing Google Glass and 58% said yes while 21% said no and another 21% weren't sure. Certainly there are concerns about distracted drivers, as the case of the woman fighting a ticket for driving while wearing them demonstrates. Fears also extend to cyclists, and even pedestrians, who are too busy Googling with their Glass to notice potential dangers.
Are you keen to get your hands on Google Glass?
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...