News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers express Google Glass price, privacy and safety concerns
At an estimated $600 a pair, Google Glass goes on sale to the public later this year. But will consumers feel confident enough to go out in public wearing them? UK-based discount voucher website LoveMyVouchers.co.uk asked their subscribers for their thoughts.
Around 10,000 'explorers' have so far donned Google Glass but, in April this year, the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology. But with a relatively hefty price tag, how many are prepared to purchase and parade in public with Google Glass?
According to LoveMyVouchers.co.uk, of the 1,132 of their subscribers surveyed, more than half (51%) are aware that the wearable tech goes on sale later this year. However, how many will actually buy a pair remains to be seen; 53% believe the price is too high and 61% said they don't need any more gadgets.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
Privacy is also a consideration with 71% citing concern for such activities as being filmed without their permission.
Finally, the voucher website asked subscribers whether there were safety issues associated with wearing Google Glass and 58% said yes while 21% said no and another 21% weren't sure. Certainly there are concerns about distracted drivers, as the case of the woman fighting a ticket for driving while wearing them demonstrates. Fears also extend to cyclists, and even pedestrians, who are too busy Googling with their Glass to notice potential dangers.
Are you keen to get your hands on Google Glass?
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...