News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers express Google Glass price, privacy and safety concerns
At an estimated $600 a pair, Google Glass goes on sale to the public later this year. But will consumers feel confident enough to go out in public wearing them? UK-based discount voucher website LoveMyVouchers.co.uk asked their subscribers for their thoughts.
Around 10,000 'explorers' have so far donned Google Glass but, in April this year, the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology. But with a relatively hefty price tag, how many are prepared to purchase and parade in public with Google Glass?
According to LoveMyVouchers.co.uk, of the 1,132 of their subscribers surveyed, more than half (51%) are aware that the wearable tech goes on sale later this year. However, how many will actually buy a pair remains to be seen; 53% believe the price is too high and 61% said they don't need any more gadgets.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
Privacy is also a consideration with 71% citing concern for such activities as being filmed without their permission.
Finally, the voucher website asked subscribers whether there were safety issues associated with wearing Google Glass and 58% said yes while 21% said no and another 21% weren't sure. Certainly there are concerns about distracted drivers, as the case of the woman fighting a ticket for driving while wearing them demonstrates. Fears also extend to cyclists, and even pedestrians, who are too busy Googling with their Glass to notice potential dangers.
Are you keen to get your hands on Google Glass?
Image via Shutterstock
- AdRoundup: Video, mobile and social offerings increase connectivity
- UK: February floods lead to rise in ecommerce sales
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....