News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers express Google Glass price, privacy and safety concerns
At an estimated $600 a pair, Google Glass goes on sale to the public later this year. But will consumers feel confident enough to go out in public wearing them? UK-based discount voucher website LoveMyVouchers.co.uk asked their subscribers for their thoughts.
Around 10,000 'explorers' have so far donned Google Glass but, in April this year, the general public will get access to the latest trend in wearable technology. But with a relatively hefty price tag, how many are prepared to purchase and parade in public with Google Glass?
According to LoveMyVouchers.co.uk, of the 1,132 of their subscribers surveyed, more than half (51%) are aware that the wearable tech goes on sale later this year. However, how many will actually buy a pair remains to be seen; 53% believe the price is too high and 61% said they don't need any more gadgets.
Furthermore, more than two-thirds (68%) say they would be too embarrassed to wear Google Glass in public and 64% would feel uncomfortable talking to someone who was sporting a pair.
Privacy is also a consideration with 71% citing concern for such activities as being filmed without their permission.
Finally, the voucher website asked subscribers whether there were safety issues associated with wearing Google Glass and 58% said yes while 21% said no and another 21% weren't sure. Certainly there are concerns about distracted drivers, as the case of the woman fighting a ticket for driving while wearing them demonstrates. Fears also extend to cyclists, and even pedestrians, who are too busy Googling with their Glass to notice potential dangers.
Are you keen to get your hands on Google Glass?
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....