News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cardinal Commerce: 2013 holiday ecomm 46% higher than 2012
With the 2013 holiday season safely in the books, one expert is advising online retailers to take charge of the 2014 holiday season as soon as possible - because once again the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas will be shorter than average.
According to new data out from Cardinal Commerce online retailers saw 46% more transactions than in 2012, thanks in part to consumers' comfort with both online and mobile shopping portals. What's more, retailers using Cardinal's platform recorded higher than average sales over the holiday. Their data shows their retailers saw 65% more transactions during Thanksgiving Weekend, which includes Cyber Monday.
Other interesting findings from Cardinal include:
• Cardinal retailers recorded 67% more transactions Thanksgiving Day and 66% more on Black Friday
• Cardinal retailers recorded 61% more transactions and 24% more 'same store' transactions
• Cardinal retailers saw 44% more transactions between December 18 and December 24
"Merchants that use Cardinal did better than their industry counterparts because of our award-winning approach to Consumer Authentication," said Tara Lavelle, Cardinal's Vice President of Marketing. "Consumers have adapted to shopping online and through mobile as both channels continue to grow. With another late-month Thanksgiving coming at the end of this year (meaning a shortened shopping season that heats up before the holiday) merchants will need secure, reliable Consumer Authentication more than ever."
There will be exactly 4 weeks between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day in 2014.
Meanwhile, comScore has released some final numbers from the 2013 holiday season - namely a 10% increase in desktop ecommerce spending (2013 vs. 2012) with the spend surpassing the $46 billion mark.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...