News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cardinal Commerce: 2013 holiday ecomm 46% higher than 2012
With the 2013 holiday season safely in the books, one expert is advising online retailers to take charge of the 2014 holiday season as soon as possible - because once again the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas will be shorter than average.
According to new data out from Cardinal Commerce online retailers saw 46% more transactions than in 2012, thanks in part to consumers' comfort with both online and mobile shopping portals. What's more, retailers using Cardinal's platform recorded higher than average sales over the holiday. Their data shows their retailers saw 65% more transactions during Thanksgiving Weekend, which includes Cyber Monday.
Other interesting findings from Cardinal include:
• Cardinal retailers recorded 67% more transactions Thanksgiving Day and 66% more on Black Friday
• Cardinal retailers recorded 61% more transactions and 24% more 'same store' transactions
• Cardinal retailers saw 44% more transactions between December 18 and December 24
"Merchants that use Cardinal did better than their industry counterparts because of our award-winning approach to Consumer Authentication," said Tara Lavelle, Cardinal's Vice President of Marketing. "Consumers have adapted to shopping online and through mobile as both channels continue to grow. With another late-month Thanksgiving coming at the end of this year (meaning a shortened shopping season that heats up before the holiday) merchants will need secure, reliable Consumer Authentication more than ever."
There will be exactly 4 weeks between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day in 2014.
Meanwhile, comScore has released some final numbers from the 2013 holiday season - namely a 10% increase in desktop ecommerce spending (2013 vs. 2012) with the spend surpassing the $46 billion mark.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...