News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cardinal Commerce: 2013 holiday ecomm 46% higher than 2012
With the 2013 holiday season safely in the books, one expert is advising online retailers to take charge of the 2014 holiday season as soon as possible - because once again the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas will be shorter than average.
According to new data out from Cardinal Commerce online retailers saw 46% more transactions than in 2012, thanks in part to consumers' comfort with both online and mobile shopping portals. What's more, retailers using Cardinal's platform recorded higher than average sales over the holiday. Their data shows their retailers saw 65% more transactions during Thanksgiving Weekend, which includes Cyber Monday.
Other interesting findings from Cardinal include:
• Cardinal retailers recorded 67% more transactions Thanksgiving Day and 66% more on Black Friday
• Cardinal retailers recorded 61% more transactions and 24% more 'same store' transactions
• Cardinal retailers saw 44% more transactions between December 18 and December 24
"Merchants that use Cardinal did better than their industry counterparts because of our award-winning approach to Consumer Authentication," said Tara Lavelle, Cardinal's Vice President of Marketing. "Consumers have adapted to shopping online and through mobile as both channels continue to grow. With another late-month Thanksgiving coming at the end of this year (meaning a shortened shopping season that heats up before the holiday) merchants will need secure, reliable Consumer Authentication more than ever."
There will be exactly 4 weeks between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day in 2014.
Meanwhile, comScore has released some final numbers from the 2013 holiday season - namely a 10% increase in desktop ecommerce spending (2013 vs. 2012) with the spend surpassing the $46 billion mark.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...