News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cardinal Commerce: 2013 holiday ecomm 46% higher than 2012
With the 2013 holiday season safely in the books, one expert is advising online retailers to take charge of the 2014 holiday season as soon as possible - because once again the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas will be shorter than average.
According to new data out from Cardinal Commerce online retailers saw 46% more transactions than in 2012, thanks in part to consumers' comfort with both online and mobile shopping portals. What's more, retailers using Cardinal's platform recorded higher than average sales over the holiday. Their data shows their retailers saw 65% more transactions during Thanksgiving Weekend, which includes Cyber Monday.
Other interesting findings from Cardinal include:
• Cardinal retailers recorded 67% more transactions Thanksgiving Day and 66% more on Black Friday
• Cardinal retailers recorded 61% more transactions and 24% more 'same store' transactions
• Cardinal retailers saw 44% more transactions between December 18 and December 24
"Merchants that use Cardinal did better than their industry counterparts because of our award-winning approach to Consumer Authentication," said Tara Lavelle, Cardinal's Vice President of Marketing. "Consumers have adapted to shopping online and through mobile as both channels continue to grow. With another late-month Thanksgiving coming at the end of this year (meaning a shortened shopping season that heats up before the holiday) merchants will need secure, reliable Consumer Authentication more than ever."
There will be exactly 4 weeks between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day in 2014.
Meanwhile, comScore has released some final numbers from the 2013 holiday season - namely a 10% increase in desktop ecommerce spending (2013 vs. 2012) with the spend surpassing the $46 billion mark.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...