News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Asda: Grandmothers head online to manage household budgets
The latest Mumdex Report from British supermarket chain Asda reveals that mums of all ages are now using technology to manage the household budget and make money stretch as far as possible.
Nine out of 10 young mums surveyed by Asda go online to save money by shopping around. Mothers, and grandmothers, are not just using desktop PCs, more than 70% of the 5,500 women surveyed, across all age groups, owned a smartphone and 78% of those age 20-29 has shopped online via their device.
It's not just younger mums that use technology to stretch their household budgets to the fullest. A significant number (85%) of grandmothers, age 60 and over, and almost half of those age 70 and over, said they had used the Internet and digital apps to save money.
"It's refreshing to see that smartphone apps and comparison sites are not exclusive to the younger generation," says Hayley Tatum, Asda's Executive People Director, "and in general mums are feeling much more optimistic as they find effective ways to make the pound in their pocket stretch further."
Other findings from Asda's Mumdex Report (.pdf) include:
- 41% cooked meals from scratch using recipes they found online;
- Three-quarters regularly use online banking to monitor household budgets;
- Two-thirds have saved money by using the Internet to research and change service providers such as energy, insurance and banking interest rates.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...