News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Amazon gets physical with Kindle Kiosks
King of e-commerce, Amazon, gets physical with vending machines that dispense e-readers, tablets and associated accessories.
There wasn't much fanfare surrounding the installation of so-called "Kindle Kiosks". Amazon chose a soft-launch of the vending machines. However, GeekWire writers came across just such a vending machine at the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas which had been installed in time for the hugely-popular International Consumer Electronics Show.
While the kiosks will be placed in various locations, perhaps the most obvious is at travel hubs where consumers embarking on a long journey might feel in the impulse to kit themselves out with a reading device. The kiosks are made by Zoom Systems, which makes similar automated retail machines for Best Buy and other prominent brands.
However, one disadvantage of the vending machines over, say, pop-up malls that Amazon has previously trialed, is that purchases can't be tested in-the-hand before deciding on what to buy.
Furthermore, for the GeekWire writers who initially covered their discovery of a Kindle Kiosk the experience wasn't entirely smooth with an unresponsive interface that was sluggish at times. Another downside was that that purchase could not be linked to an existing Amazon account.
Check out GeekWire's article for images of the Kindle Kiosks. Have you spotted one on your travels?
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...