News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad Roundup: Funding and Acquisition News
Advertising headlines this week include an acquisition that may change how mobile video viewers engage with content and funding to help expand a promising ecommerce platform.
First, Volusion has secured a $35 million funding round from Silicon Valley Bank; part of that funding will be used to expand their MOZU ecommerce platform. The platform is an API-first offering designed to help optimize enterprise etailers.
"We have aggressive expansion plans in the coming years for Volusion, Inc. as we continue to grow our SMB offering, as well as disrupt the enterprise commerce space with the Mozu platform. We have reimainged commerce and Mozu fulfills our vision of truly limitless commerce for the largest retailers in the world. This funding enables us to reach our goals for extensive growth and to satisfy the increasing aspirations of businesses of all sizes in their quest to dominate their markets," said Clay Olivier, CEO, Volusion, Inc.
Over the past five years Volusion reports significant growth, including the launch of MOZU and the addition of 400 employees.
Meanwhile, video network Outcast Media has been acquired by Gilbarco Veeder-Root, a retail petroleum tech firm. Gilbarco already owns Applause TV; the addition of Outcast to their platform could help them create the largest one-to-one mobile video platform.
"In 2010, we chose Outcast as our media partner for its industry leadership and innovative vision: building the largest and most targeted video network for reaching the on-the-go consumer," said Michael Schulte, president North America from Gilbarco. "The addition of Outcast to Gilbarco's team allows us to work even more closely with them on technology innovations like consumer targeting that will help our convenience store customers reach and engage consumers and compete against other channels."
Outcast reaches 36 million viewers (monthly); Gilbarco has 60,000 retail fueling stations.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...