News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad Roundup: Funding and Acquisition News
Advertising headlines this week include an acquisition that may change how mobile video viewers engage with content and funding to help expand a promising ecommerce platform.
First, Volusion has secured a $35 million funding round from Silicon Valley Bank; part of that funding will be used to expand their MOZU ecommerce platform. The platform is an API-first offering designed to help optimize enterprise etailers.
"We have aggressive expansion plans in the coming years for Volusion, Inc. as we continue to grow our SMB offering, as well as disrupt the enterprise commerce space with the Mozu platform. We have reimainged commerce and Mozu fulfills our vision of truly limitless commerce for the largest retailers in the world. This funding enables us to reach our goals for extensive growth and to satisfy the increasing aspirations of businesses of all sizes in their quest to dominate their markets," said Clay Olivier, CEO, Volusion, Inc.
Over the past five years Volusion reports significant growth, including the launch of MOZU and the addition of 400 employees.
Meanwhile, video network Outcast Media has been acquired by Gilbarco Veeder-Root, a retail petroleum tech firm. Gilbarco already owns Applause TV; the addition of Outcast to their platform could help them create the largest one-to-one mobile video platform.
"In 2010, we chose Outcast as our media partner for its industry leadership and innovative vision: building the largest and most targeted video network for reaching the on-the-go consumer," said Michael Schulte, president North America from Gilbarco. "The addition of Outcast to Gilbarco's team allows us to work even more closely with them on technology innovations like consumer targeting that will help our convenience store customers reach and engage consumers and compete against other channels."
Outcast reaches 36 million viewers (monthly); Gilbarco has 60,000 retail fueling stations.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...