News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad Roundup: Acquisitions, new hires and funding
Consumers aren't the only ones taking a fresh look at 2014 - three moves in the online ad space underline the importance of strategy and data analysis in the New Year.
First, Apigee will acquire InsightsOne, a move which expands the analytics provided by Apigee's platform. InsightsOne will be integrated into Apigee's mobile app platform, APIs and data analytics.
"Success in today's mobile-first digital world requires as single vision that spans and connects business and technology," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "In this new world, the business intelligence and context gleaned through the massive amount of big data available about customers, products, developers -- every part of a digital business -- must be tightly integrated with technology infrastructure to affect real change. InsightsOne dramatically expands Apigee's big data predictive analytics capabilities, and we welcome the accomplished InsightsOne team to Apigee."
Meanwhile, based on strong performance in 2013, Integral Ad Science has secured $30 million in funding from August Capital. According to company information, Integral doubled their revenue for the year and held on to 98% of its clients through 2013.
"Integral Ad Science has been at the forefront of technological innovation for media-quality issues that the industry is facing," said Scott Knoll, CEO of Integral Ad Science. "Coupled with our commitment to neutrality, Integral has quickly become the partner of choice for stakeholders seeking to eliminate waste and optimize around true advertising quality and ultimately improve effectiveness."
Finally, an executive move underlines the importance of strategy in the online ad space. This week Drawbridge added Richard Johnson, former vice president of sales with MediaMath, to its executive team. Johnson's history includes expanding revenue across verticals as well as management of several domestic regions; this kind of move underlines the importance of online properties in the ever-expanding online marketplace.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...