News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2014: Tipping point for mobile
New data out from BIA/Kelsey indicates this year may be the tipping point for mobile advertising. Thanks to location targeting options like geo-fencing, their experts believe 2014 will be the year when mobile advertising comes into its own.
Mobile attribution methods including location data analysis, paneling data and offline purchase data will help to pull more ad dollars into the mobile space in 2014 according to the new BIA/Kelsey report, "Attribution: The Next Phase in the Age of Mobile Advertising".
"Mobile holds a 12 percent share of consumer's current media consumption, but has a disproportionately low - three percent - share of U.S. ad dollars," said the report's author Michael Boland, vice president of content, BIA/Kelsey. "However, we see a few factors that will counterbalance this in the coming year, including location-targeted ads and the ability to measure effectiveness through attribution technologies."
About $1.4 billion in ad revenues (37%) were attributed to location-based targeting campaigns in 2012, finds the data, that number is expected to put to 52% ($10.8 billion) by 2017. Other interesting findings include:
• Location targeted revenues will account for $4.35 billion in 2014
• $5.80 billion will be non-location-based (2014)
• In 2015 more than $6.5 billion will be pushed to location-based mobile advertising
• 2016 will see just over $8 billion spent on location based mobile ads
Meanwhile, the total mobile ad spend is expected to grow from $10.15 billion in 2014 to more than $20.6 billion in 2017.
Image via Shutterstock
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...