News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2014: Tipping point for mobile
New data out from BIA/Kelsey indicates this year may be the tipping point for mobile advertising. Thanks to location targeting options like geo-fencing, their experts believe 2014 will be the year when mobile advertising comes into its own.
Mobile attribution methods including location data analysis, paneling data and offline purchase data will help to pull more ad dollars into the mobile space in 2014 according to the new BIA/Kelsey report, "Attribution: The Next Phase in the Age of Mobile Advertising".
"Mobile holds a 12 percent share of consumer's current media consumption, but has a disproportionately low - three percent - share of U.S. ad dollars," said the report's author Michael Boland, vice president of content, BIA/Kelsey. "However, we see a few factors that will counterbalance this in the coming year, including location-targeted ads and the ability to measure effectiveness through attribution technologies."
About $1.4 billion in ad revenues (37%) were attributed to location-based targeting campaigns in 2012, finds the data, that number is expected to put to 52% ($10.8 billion) by 2017. Other interesting findings include:
• Location targeted revenues will account for $4.35 billion in 2014
• $5.80 billion will be non-location-based (2014)
• In 2015 more than $6.5 billion will be pushed to location-based mobile advertising
• 2016 will see just over $8 billion spent on location based mobile ads
Meanwhile, the total mobile ad spend is expected to grow from $10.15 billion in 2014 to more than $20.6 billion in 2017.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...