News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2013 festive season stimulates Facebook advertising performance
During the last quarter of 2013, Facebook advertising sales revenue rose significantly, according to figures released by digital marketing technology firm Kenshoo.
In their quarterly study, Kenshoo reveals that advertiser sales revenue driven by Facebook advertising surged 60% quarter-on-quarter as advertisers upped their spend by over 100% to take advantage of the festive shopping season.
Furthermore, quarterly impressions were up by 51%, total clicks rose by 66% and the click-through rate was up by 10%.
"Increases in ad spend were also attributed to heightened competition during this busy, end-of-the-year shopping season," writes Kelly Wrather, Senior Manager, Content Marketing at Kenshoo.
"As a result of increased competitor activity, average CPM (Cost-per-Thousand) saw a 33% increase and average CPC (Cost-per-Click) rose 21% in Q4 for Facebook ads procured through our platform."
The findings, illustrated in an infographic, were based on more than 115 billion Facebook ads across a representative sample of advertisers and agencies globally who used the Kenshoo Social social media marketing platform in Q3 and Q4 2013.
Earlier this month, Facebook announced it was scrapping Sponsored Stories. According to a statement made on January 9, 2014, the social network will instead be bringing the essence of Sponsored Stories - social context - "to all ads", refining the process so advertisers can continue to accurately target the demographics they require.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...