News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2013 festive season stimulates Facebook advertising performance
During the last quarter of 2013, Facebook advertising sales revenue rose significantly, according to figures released by digital marketing technology firm Kenshoo.
In their quarterly study, Kenshoo reveals that advertiser sales revenue driven by Facebook advertising surged 60% quarter-on-quarter as advertisers upped their spend by over 100% to take advantage of the festive shopping season.
Furthermore, quarterly impressions were up by 51%, total clicks rose by 66% and the click-through rate was up by 10%.
"Increases in ad spend were also attributed to heightened competition during this busy, end-of-the-year shopping season," writes Kelly Wrather, Senior Manager, Content Marketing at Kenshoo.
"As a result of increased competitor activity, average CPM (Cost-per-Thousand) saw a 33% increase and average CPC (Cost-per-Click) rose 21% in Q4 for Facebook ads procured through our platform."
The findings, illustrated in an infographic, were based on more than 115 billion Facebook ads across a representative sample of advertisers and agencies globally who used the Kenshoo Social social media marketing platform in Q3 and Q4 2013.
Earlier this month, Facebook announced it was scrapping Sponsored Stories. According to a statement made on January 9, 2014, the social network will instead be bringing the essence of Sponsored Stories - social context - "to all ads", refining the process so advertisers can continue to accurately target the demographics they require.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...