News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2013 festive season stimulates Facebook advertising performance
During the last quarter of 2013, Facebook advertising sales revenue rose significantly, according to figures released by digital marketing technology firm Kenshoo.
In their quarterly study, Kenshoo reveals that advertiser sales revenue driven by Facebook advertising surged 60% quarter-on-quarter as advertisers upped their spend by over 100% to take advantage of the festive shopping season.
Furthermore, quarterly impressions were up by 51%, total clicks rose by 66% and the click-through rate was up by 10%.
"Increases in ad spend were also attributed to heightened competition during this busy, end-of-the-year shopping season," writes Kelly Wrather, Senior Manager, Content Marketing at Kenshoo.
"As a result of increased competitor activity, average CPM (Cost-per-Thousand) saw a 33% increase and average CPC (Cost-per-Click) rose 21% in Q4 for Facebook ads procured through our platform."
The findings, illustrated in an infographic, were based on more than 115 billion Facebook ads across a representative sample of advertisers and agencies globally who used the Kenshoo Social social media marketing platform in Q3 and Q4 2013.
Earlier this month, Facebook announced it was scrapping Sponsored Stories. According to a statement made on January 9, 2014, the social network will instead be bringing the essence of Sponsored Stories - social context - "to all ads", refining the process so advertisers can continue to accurately target the demographics they require.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...