News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What to do - and not to do - on Cyber Monday
Omni-shopping is in, that's the word from Adobe which reports that the Black Friday weekend pushed record online sales as shoppers used their tech gadgets to shop often, shop quickly and shop deals.
"Online shopping data shows that consumers took full advantage of their mobile devices to shop on Thanksgiving Day and 'omnishop' while in stores on Black Friday," said Tamara Gaffney, principal analyst, Adobe Digital Index, Adobe. "In an attempt to play every angle possible, retailers poured money into new mobile capabilities by adding Wi-Fi to key stores, expanding mobile app offerings, and optimizing websites for easier transactions from small screens. The results were record online sales driven by tablets and smartphones this year."
Adobe has released Black Friday trending details that may give retailers a glimpse into what will happen this holiday season.
• 24% of sales over the weekend originated from mobile devices
• More than 450,000 social media posts were about Amazon on Thanksgiving Day
• Black Friday shopping peaked between 11 AM and 12 PM ET ($150 million/hour)
Meanwhile, Offers.com has insights into the rest of the holiday season.
"The great thing about Cyber Monday is the opportunity to compare pricing," said Howard Schaffer, Offers.com CEO. "Cyber Monday is the day to shop online, and comparing pricing at different retailers. Consumers should take advantage of sites like Offers.com that research all the best deals and put them in one, online location."
Where should brands focus the energies? Schaffer suggests kids toys/electronics are a good place to start along with clothing/apparel for moms and dads trying to beat those in-store crowds. Small appliances may also be hot tellers, but according to Schaffer don't count on fitness equipment to push sales ranks higher.
Along with holiday décor, Schaffer reminds shoppers that fitness equipment will have deeper discounts after the holidays.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...