News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What to do - and not to do - on Cyber Monday
Omni-shopping is in, that's the word from Adobe which reports that the Black Friday weekend pushed record online sales as shoppers used their tech gadgets to shop often, shop quickly and shop deals.
"Online shopping data shows that consumers took full advantage of their mobile devices to shop on Thanksgiving Day and 'omnishop' while in stores on Black Friday," said Tamara Gaffney, principal analyst, Adobe Digital Index, Adobe. "In an attempt to play every angle possible, retailers poured money into new mobile capabilities by adding Wi-Fi to key stores, expanding mobile app offerings, and optimizing websites for easier transactions from small screens. The results were record online sales driven by tablets and smartphones this year."
Adobe has released Black Friday trending details that may give retailers a glimpse into what will happen this holiday season.
• 24% of sales over the weekend originated from mobile devices
• More than 450,000 social media posts were about Amazon on Thanksgiving Day
• Black Friday shopping peaked between 11 AM and 12 PM ET ($150 million/hour)
Meanwhile, Offers.com has insights into the rest of the holiday season.
"The great thing about Cyber Monday is the opportunity to compare pricing," said Howard Schaffer, Offers.com CEO. "Cyber Monday is the day to shop online, and comparing pricing at different retailers. Consumers should take advantage of sites like Offers.com that research all the best deals and put them in one, online location."
Where should brands focus the energies? Schaffer suggests kids toys/electronics are a good place to start along with clothing/apparel for moms and dads trying to beat those in-store crowds. Small appliances may also be hot tellers, but according to Schaffer don't count on fitness equipment to push sales ranks higher.
Along with holiday décor, Schaffer reminds shoppers that fitness equipment will have deeper discounts after the holidays.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...